The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-08-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Baseball

I know there are a lot of Baseball fans here.I'm really not a fan of pro sports(too much money and too little responsibility from the players and their Handlers).I do enjoy baseball and Hockey,but only live and usually local or hobby teams,especially T-Ball.They play for the love of the game not for Millions.

Anyway the local "farm Team" is in the play-offs for their conference.Since it's post season (for them),the wifes company gives out free passes and even use of their box.So last night I went downtown and met her at the stadium(she works two blocks away).Any way the game started at 7;00 and about 9:00 she was ready to go.Since she had her car she went home and I stayed.It's not unusual for this leagues games to go extra innings but by the SECOND seventh inning stretch I was begining to wonder if it was going to end from exhuastion or a play.The home team won with a man on and a walk off homer in the 15th inning.I think I got my moneys worth on that game.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:14 PM   #2
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: Baseball

I dislike our league locals. The stadium is made icky and they have never won a game we have gone to. We take the kids to watch the local adult teams now instead. Co-ed softball is fun to watch. As well as most of the adult teams. I miss my kiddos playing in little league. We try to catch a few of those as well
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

I'm lucky that we have a new stadium for the local team and it's very nice and well kept.I get the biggest kick from the little league teams.The T-ballers play a couple blocks from the house.I can go down there and catch the "Weebles" almost any Sat.am for free.(Weebles wobble these sometimes fall down tho)(4 year or so old T ballers)
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:45 PM   #4
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

The little ones are a trip. I use to love to watch them get mad and make the coach throw the ball.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:02 PM   #5
cdowns

i go to the daytona cubs(sunshine league???) games,played in jackie robinson stadium the first stadium jackie played a pro game at.. great setting on the river plus get a nice cool ocean breeze at night
the team is up an down every year but the games are fun especially hungry mondays when it is all you can eat for $10 lots of food and a ballgame for $10 dont get much better than that for a night out
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:03 PM   #6
jimboh247

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanelDeland View Post
I know there are a lot of Baseball fans here.I'm really not a fan of pro sports(too much money and too little responsibility from the players and their Handlers).I do enjoy baseball and Hockey,but only live and usually local or hobby teams,especially T-Ball.They play for the love of the game not for Millions.

Anyway the local "farm Team" is in the play-offs for their conference.Since it's post season (for them),the wifes company gives out free passes and even use of their box.So last night I went downtown and met her at the stadium(she works two blocks away).Any way the game started at 7;00 and about 9:00 she was ready to go.Since she had her car she went home and I stayed.It's not unusual for this leagues games to go extra innings but by the SECOND seventh inning stretch I was begining to wonder if it was going to end from exhuastion or a play.The home team won with a man on and a walk off homer in the 15th inning.I think I got my moneys worth on that game.
Go Grasshoppers!!!!
Old 09-09-2011, 10:36 PM   #7
pritch

Salt Lake's ball park sucks.
With views like this:

It's hard to keep your eye on the game.

Just Kidding!

We have the AAA Salt Lake Bees, farm team of the Angels. Salt Lake hosted the AAA Allstar game a couple months ago and it was a blast! We went to the home run derby, too and man, did we see some bombs! The Pacific Coast League lost the game, but it was still fun times. I love baseball!

Ol' Green
pritch is offline   Reply With Quote