The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 10:16 PM   #1
Sharps40
Account Suspended

Ol John Lee hauls Deer

I hunted 5 days with friends in the Low Country of SC in Sept. I shot a doe and a buck but, poor judgement and marksmanship made the experience difficult. Ol John Lee hauled them two deer home.

Its been a long season, Me and Ol John Lee put in 40 days in the woods from Sept Bow to today. Never had a shot in NC, bow, muzzleloader or rifle untill tonight. Forgot my camera but buds took plenty of pics and I'll add them on receipt.

About 430 today I was feeling pretty sorry for myself as I looked over 600 yds of fescue on a powerline from a tower stand. At 5 PM I felt worse as two does came out at 500+ yards,,,,too far for my 700 ADL 3006, or at least too far for me. Near last light though, persistance paid and I was able to perform as a hunter. I feel a bit better about myself with three deer down with single shots each at 250 yards.

Two came out closer, one a decent size nanny was first, 250 yards, high shoulder shot, 700 ADL 3006 and Parvi Partisan 165g SP, dead on the spot.

Then 15 came out, the largest a decent spike, looking over the dead nanny 250 yards, high shoulder shot, 700 ADL 3006 and Parvi Partisan 165g SP, dead on the spot.

Then, 9 more came out crossing the power line. The last a nice size 4 point in no hurry to cross the powerline. I swung ahead and he stopped at the edge of the woods looking at the crowd in the opposite side of the wood line I suppose....250 yards, high shoulder shot, 700 ADL 3006 and Parvi Partisan 165g SP, dead on the spot.

Freezer will be full of burger, sausage and steaks. Ol John Lee has a bloody bed again here where we are "Finally Home, NC". Happy New Year!!!!!!!

Thanks for the encouragement from friends and hunting partners.....that and the good wishes worked.
Closed Thread