The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-19-2011, 11:20 PM   #1
jserrato714

no brakes maybe master cylinder

Hey forum..so if its not one thing its another. I fix one thing and something else breaks or fails...So I did a disc conversion with new booster and master and prop valve a while back...by the way its a 63 suburban with a 350... So it sat installed on the truck for a while as I finished other stuff like electrical etc Well today I bleed the system and I have no brakes...I pump the brakes with the truck off and the pedal is stiff...I start the truck and the pedal goes down which to me indicates that the booster is working with the engine vacuum...So now with the truck on the pedal completely dies ...I pump and it gets stiff a bit then I release the pedal and go to press it again as if I was hitting the brakes and it fails again..Note I have checked for leaks and its all tight although my master cylinder has a small drip from the rear seal....I would usually change out the master at first sight of the rear seal leaking but the thing is new could it have failed already? Not sure on the brands of the booster and master but it was new from Abs Power Brakes in Oc , Ca
jserrato714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:43 PM   #2
WAAF
Account Suspended

Re: no brakes maybe master cylinder

bet the booster is full of brake fuild..
WAAF is offline   Reply With Quote