The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-07-2016, 04:02 PM   #1
Grambo1965

Maine Made '65 Porterbuilt, Custom Cab, Short Fleetside

I pulled my truck home 2 years ago this spring. I had always wanted to work on a classic truck but being here in Maine you don't fine many that are anything short of Swiss cheese due to salt and 'ol mother nature. So your always looking to have one shipped over from the west coast (sight unseen) or spend a lot of time and money (but getting good at!) rust repair. Well looking around Craigslist i was able to find this little gem. Saw it 6 months before I decided i had to have it, the guy wanted way too much for it so i let it sit, time went by and i lost track of it and also, the posting went down...
Spring rolls around and the truck comes back up on the postings, some money taken off what he was looking for, well it looked like it was time to call. Took my mechanic (from my landscape business) and we rode up an hour to go look at this thing. it was an Idaho beauty! The guy I bought it from had bought it on ebay and had it shipped from Idaho 3 years ago and just put it in his barn. Frame mint! body mint! hot rod work from the previous owner... well that needed some work. 60K miles, big back window, short bed fleet side with a 396 big block under the hood, I was hooked! A deal was made and i drove up the next day to haul it home. Its been a two going on three year project but I'm hoping i can have it running and driving by this coming spring! Porterbuilt Level 3 front and rear dropmembers, accuair e-level, Boyd's welding gas tank, freshen 396 BBC with Heddman headers, working on the 3" stainless exhaust and a few other Edelbrock bolt on's. Right now I have 20" Centerline Smoothies but i think i might change it up ever so slightly and go to a 22" Mobsteel. Plenty of work to be done but atleast I can show you guys where I'm at. Thanks and always appreciate the forum for all the help.
Attached Images

Grambo1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 04:09 PM   #2
Grambo1965

Re: Maine Made '65 Porterbuilt, Custom Cab, Short Fleetside

Another set of shots of the current stage of the build....
Attached Images

Old 07-07-2016, 04:39 PM   #3
62stepside longbox

Those wheels are killer , definitely subscribed for the build
my build thread. Sending unit solution
62stepside longbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 12:22 AM   #4
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

You've done some nice work your truck

That truck must have been from southern Idaho. You don't find them that nice up here any more.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 11:28 PM   #5
awbrown

I bought 3 63-65 chevy trucks from Berwick back about 25 years ago ...
awbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:11 AM   #6
Grambo1965

You get them from a dealer or scrap yard? My uncles father owned the scrap yard in town so I wonder if you bough them from him? I'll let it slide you were taking all the 60-66 trucks out of here before I was old enough to buy them! Haha