The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Site Feedback and Announcements

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-19-2014, 10:27 PM   #1
Turambar

Site suggestion - Picture Resizer

Vbulletin has several options for automatic picture resizers and resizing scripts. If these were installed, no one would have to worry about their image size. Pics of any size that were too large (which would be the overwhelming majority of camera and phone pics) would automatically be resized without having to use another program.

It is necessary to have a vbulletin license to download mods, but here is one worth looking in to.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=287476

If the forum operator doesn't have an official license, it can be purchased for $250. As a lurker, I can tell that the forum is very active. I would contribute to this cause as well.

If there is something like that installed and I am not seeing it, please let me know.
Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:33 AM   #2
Woogeroo

Re: Site suggestion - Picture Resizer

The board already has one, but the server gets so busy sometimes, it is shut off so the emphasis will be on the site being up and available instead of the server being a picture re-sizing machine. There is a long thread on it, in this very forum...

Besides, is it really that hard to re-size a photo? Also, if folks would learn to tweak their settings on their picture taking devices, they wouldn't have to re-size as often.

-W
Woogeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:18 PM   #3
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

Re: Site suggestion - Picture Resizer

The forum is licensed and does resize the pictures when you upload. The only concern for file sizes is for server load and courtesy to others. If you upload five 5-10mb pictures you are wasting yours and everyone else's bandwidth/time for pictures that aren't going to be any wear near that size. I'm fully aware of all the picture resizing and license options available. The only areas that have issues with uploading are the aftermarket software addition of the gallery and the classifieds, and unfortunately, due to the nature of their design they aren't capable of handling the larger pictures and therefore must be resized.

Josh
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote