The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Site Feedback and Announcements

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-22-2015, 02:49 PM   #1
Skunksmash

Subscriber question

I was thinking about becoming a paid subscriber to this site, in order to gain access to the classifieds. However, I did have one question. What if I pay, and nobody is selling what I'm looking for? There is that possibility, that I might not be able to buy, what I'm needing. I'm looking for specific parts.

So if I can't find what I'm looking for, am I going to be able to get a refund? I mean, that is the reason I'm paying, right? So that I can use the classifieds to buy and sell parts. But if I'm not able to do that, I don't feel like I should have to pay. That would be paying for a service I didn't get, or at least couldn't use.

I have no problem paying if it all works out. But I did have a question as to what would happen if I no one is selling the parts I need. And yeah, I need them well inside of a year lol

If there is no contingency or refund for this, then I'd say its a flaw in the system that needs to be addressed.
Skunksmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 02:52 PM   #2
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Re: Subscriber question

You don't need to subscribe to check the ads or to buy -- only to post items for sale, or for what's-it-worth or for sale posts.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 03:01 PM   #3
Skunksmash

So I can post a thread asking if anyone who IS a subscriber, has certain parts?

EDIT:

Went in there, and it doesn't look that way. Looks like I need to pay, in order to be able to post my own WTB ad and name the parts I need. All you can do as a non subscriber is hope someone posts up what you're looking for.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:01 PM   #4
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Yeah, sorry I forgot to mention WTB (want to buy) posts also require a subscription. But you also said you might want to sell items, and that alone is worth the cost of membership IMO. You advertise your stuff to a large group of people who are interested in truck parts and that's worth something. Besides a 1-year $25 membership, there's also the option of a 6 months for $15. Membership link: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 04:04 PM   #5
95 S_Trucker

You can see all the ads you want, you just cant post anything that would lead to a transaction. that includes for sale, WIW, And WTB

There are more benefits.

There is a huge wealth of info here. Yes, you can get it for free, but $15 a year is dirt cheap. And its not free to host a website this size, and its not free to upgrade servers, ect.
95 S_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 04:43 PM   #6
Skunksmash

Guess I'll have to do the $15 one then. Since there is no guarantee that I'll find what I'm looking for. I probably won't. But I don't really have anywhere else to ask, that I know of. And I don't have anything that anyone would want to buy.

So in other words, yeah you take a gamble.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:58 PM   #7
Ironhorse

Consider it this way. You can do the Evilbay (eBay) approach and not be assured that the parts you are looking for are there either. It is free to sign up but also has it's problems. Perhaps you do not find the parts that you seek but by doing the paid subscription here (even the 6 month sub.) you have the entire world to search from people who are interested in trucks as you are. Then there is the selling portion of the subscription, again you have the entire world as your prospective market. Add in the enormous amount of info and help available here and your $15 or $25 subscription is most likely some of the best money you will EVER spend on your truck. When I restored my '71 4x4 I was sadly under knowledged about these trucks but I knew I would have little to no luck going to a salvage yard (now days, known as computerized auto reclamation centers) for worthwhile and especially hard to find 35-40 year old items. Swap meets are another possibility for finding parts, just doesn't seem to be enough of them when you want them. As for taking a gamble, all of life is a gamble, nothing is a given. The thrill of the hunt for hard to find parts is always a adrenalin rush when you find that "one" item you need at an almost giveaway price.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:50 PM   #8
too much stuff
Roadtrip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunksmash View Post
Guess I'll have to do the $15 one then. Since there is no guarantee that I'll find what I'm looking for. I probably won't. But I don't really have anywhere else to ask, that I know of. And I don't have anything that anyone would want to buy.

So in other words, yeah you take a gamble.
Probably still cheaper than your local paper, and whats $15 to post a wtb ad for parts? Unless you are looking for a $2 item.
70 4x4/BB/bkts/posi/tach(retired)
70 swb (wifes)
70 jimmy camper
71 K-5 factory 2wd
71 cheyenne 4x4/tach/posi/ plow rig
71 Cheyenne20 BB, buckets, tach, tilt, 4 speed
72 jimmy CST wyoming rig
72 jimmy Colorado rig
72 lifted texas 4x4 3/4 ton burb
65 fury conv. 383/auto
65 chrysler 300 "L" 413 auto
too much stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 01:45 AM   #9
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Ok everyone knows Im pretty passionate about subscribing to this forum. The forum is free, but for the very small yearly fee it helps keep this place running. It helps keep the spammers at bay in the classifieds. All the info you get, and even the friends you make, makes the subscribe option a great value.

Now that being said. If you log in and you're are in the parts area, just use the search feature. The search this forum box, hit the drop down and use advanced search. I just did it and typed in 1968 mirror arm ... guess what? A bunch of threads with the mirror arms for sale popped up. And it didn't cost me a thing to look. Sorry Josh and Liz.

Then I brought the sight up without logging in. And used the Google search feature at the top of the page. I made sure I selected the 67-72 button, not web. You get a few more responses that aren't for sales, but it worked great, and it was free. Sorry Josh and Liz. Ill make it up to you =)
Old 05-24-2015, 08:30 AM   #10
Skunksmash

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post

Then I brought the sight up without logging in. And used the Google search feature at the top of the page. I made sure I selected the 67-72 button, not web. You get a few more responses that aren't for sales, but it worked great, and it was free. Sorry Josh and Liz. Ill make it up to you =)
Not sure I understand what you're saying here. If those threads that come up aren't for sales, how does that help me find the items I'm looking for?

Also I went ahead and signed up. But for some reason, it doesn't say I'm a premium member yet. And I can't post to the classifieds.

Last edited by Skunksmash; 05-24-2015 at 08:44 AM.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:30 AM   #11
too much stuff
Roadtrip!

Quote:
Not sure I understand what you're saying here. If those threads that come up aren't for sales, how does that help me find the items I'm looking for?

Also I went ahead and signed up. But for some reason, it doesn't say I'm a premium member yet. And I can't post to the classifieds.
Your name is blue, you should be good to go to post a WTB. Good luck finding your parts.
70 swb (wifes)
70 jimmy camper
71 K-5 factory 2wd
72 jimmy CST wyoming rig
72 jimmy Colorado rig
65 fury conv. 383/auto
65 chrysler 300 "L" 413 auto
too much stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:19 AM   #12
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:

Well it doesn't matter anymore since you signed up. Congrats, and thanks for supporting the board

But ... The threads that popped up and some were mirror arms, but not all were for sale stuff, that was only by not logging in and using the Google search feature. It searches the entire board.

The other was if you were logged in and on the parts forum. Using that forums search feature only threads in the for sale forum show up.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:24 PM   #13
Skunksmash

Does anyone know how to add a thumbnail to your ad? I scoured the whole page but I never could find any button to upload a little thumbnail pic.

Next question, why do you only have the choice of selecting "Trucks for sale" as the WTB section, that you're posting your ad in? You can't select "Parts for sale" or whatever the exact wording is on that forum. Makes you think your ad is going in the wrong place.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:35 AM   #14
Skunksmash

Bump for last questions
Old 05-28-2015, 02:06 PM   #15
kcsa75

Quote:
Does anyone know how to add a thumbnail to your ad? I scoured the whole page but I never could find any button to upload a little thumbnail pic.

Next question, why do you only have the choice of selecting "Trucks for sale" as the WTB section, that you're posting your ad in? You can't select "Parts for sale" or whatever the exact wording is on that forum. Makes you think your ad is going in the wrong place.
Your best bet would be to go the Parts for Sale board that is most appropriate for what you are looking for, i.e. 67-72, 60-66, etc. and post a Want to Buy ad. Put "WTB" in the headline.

Here's an example: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=671373

Good luck.

People who blindly follow a GPS end up on television programs on The Weather Channel. Some survive, some don't.
kcsa75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:10 AM   #16
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Sorry I missed the qs, they have been answered.. thanks guys.

CG Im good with everything you advised.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 11:14 AM   #17
Skunksmash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
Sorry I missed the qs, they have been answered.. thanks guys.

CG Im good with everything you advised.
No how do you post a thumbnail, and why can you only select "Trucks for sale" when you're posting a part in the WTB parts section?

When you first click on "make an ad" or whatever, you have to select which subforum you want it to go in. Even if you're starting in the "WTB parts" subforum, all you can select is "trucks for sale" (or however its worded) in the drop down menu. So its a little confusing.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:39 PM   #18
too much stuff
Roadtrip!

Go to the main page of the forum, skip over the trucks for sale section and just below that will be the 67-72 parts forum. Once there you will see a "new thread" box to click on. That should walk you through it from there.
I don't think the trucks for sale section gets near the looks that this one does.
Hope that helps.
And no idea on thumbnails......
70 swb (wifes)
70 jimmy camper
71 K-5 factory 2wd
72 jimmy CST wyoming rig
72 jimmy Colorado rig
65 fury conv. 383/auto