The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-20-2015, 10:28 PM   #1
moon

Need Help With A/c-Heater Control Unit - Cables Suck

The top lever of the A/C controller was broken so I bought the repair kit and "rebuilt" the unit. I also bought replacements for all three of the cables. These are parts I bought back in 2008 (long story.) I'm having a heck of time getting the controller back in and everything working because of the cables. Two of them are bad. The cable for the Air/Defroster (top lever, connects to the lever just below the controller) is made wrong, I have the original to compare it & the re-pop is short. The cable for the a/c-heater outlets (middle lever connects to the lever on he box passenger side, I am 99% sure is too long. But I don't have the original to compare to. It's longer that the hot/cold cable that goes through the firewall over to the flapper control on top. It is hell to get the box up and in when connected. And once in it binds, the lever is very hard to move causing the clamp on the control unit to get loose, the wire bends etc.

Has anybody purchased these cables recently with success? And if so, who is the vendor? One I bought from LMC back 2008 are garbage, along with some of there other stuff.

Also any information. tips and advice about this whole procedure would be welcomed. I've installed and replaced everything (except the ducts) 3 times now trying to get it right. It's taking a toll. Even with good parts, it still seems almost impossible to all 3 cables connected and working correctly

Last edited by moon; 08-20-2015 at 10:33 PM.
moon is offline   Reply With Quote