The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-05-2017, 05:57 PM   #1
greentruck

What do you guys think of this product

Guys, Im putting an LS6,4L80E,NP205 in my restored 72 K10. I am to the point of re-assembly. This motor was purchased with only the LS6 intake. No injectors, fuel rail, TB etc. I have been purchasing all these parts separately until I ran into this.
http://fitechefi.com/products/ultima...ction-systems/

It seems simple, clean and easy to use. I know it doesn't have an OBD11 port. Although I've learned a lot reading through all of your threads it is still new to me. Any obvious disadvantages? They say "self learning ECU"? Could you still dyno tune this set up or are you stuck with the "self learning tune"?
It looks tempting. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 06-06-2017, 03:38 PM   #2
Robznob11

Wink Re: What do you guys think of this product

They try and make it sound difficult its not, my .02 is that you will have way more control with a stock ecu setup. Not to mention those intakes are designed for looks and wide open throttle power. Your LS6 intake will be much more enjoyable on the street. Call fuel injection connection in Georga they will finish up your fuel...right!
,,,,,,,/__(⊙)___//___/__(O)_/

@disciple2.rc 💪instagram💪
LED TAILS
Robznob11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:29 PM   #3
greentruck

Re: What do you guys think of this product

Appreciate your 0.02 cents. That's what I figured on the stock ecu. Good point on the performance differences between the two intakes. It does look good though...Thanks for the reply.
Old 06-06-2017, 05:32 PM   #4
Robznob11

Lol!, if you decide to pull the trigger. I may be interested in the ls6. I am happy with the truck intake but its ugly.

LED TAILS
Old 06-06-2017, 08:35 PM   #5
greentruck

No...its not ugly, its Fugly. That kit looked like a good looking easy way out. Like you said, its not as difficult as it seems to out source all the needed components. I own half the parts already. It looked convenient because of the harness, controllers, injectors and the "self learning tune" etc.. I agree with you on the drivability of the LS6 intake. Its a new product and I don't think there are many in use at this point. I don't think I want to be the guinea pig yet....
Old 06-07-2017, 12:17 AM   #6
crakarjax

The Dorman truck intake looks better, but you could also get a shaved stock truck intake for like $250 if looks are the issue. But yeah for $1500 I'd go stock for my money, or megasquirt if you decide non-oem.
Old 06-07-2017, 06:00 AM   #7
95 S_Trucker

I looked and looked on their website, but I don't think it has has transmission controls. That's a big turn off.
95 S_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:06 AM   #8
Robznob11

Talking Re: What do you guys think of this product

I guess my biggest red flag for that system is the claim that it self learns! All computer 's have the ability to learn to an extent and make small changes with in set parameters. As we all know...you can have a good tuner set a ballpark base tune that will run fairly good. (Ie. Mail order tune). But the best tunes are dyno or real world street tunes! You can almost always pick up power and efficiency this way. Its because every setup is unique. Technology is better these days but i dont think we are there yet on self learning software.

LED TAILS
Old 06-07-2017, 08:56 AM   #9
LS short box

My biggest concern with all the aftermarket fuel injection systems is how they are supported after the sale and what "wear" components they are using like IAC and TPS sensors. Are they over the counter stuff? Will they give you a part number so you can source it locally?

Also will they be in busniess tomorrow?

I get the self learn stuff but there "tuners" all over that know the GM ECU's inside and out.

Having said all that that intake does look very cool. Might worth a look on LS1 tech web site to see what they think.
LS short box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 05:35 PM   #10
greentruck

The one I was looking at was $1745 and does come with a trans controller that supports 4L60, 65, 70, and 80e. Part No. 70002. I agree that there are tuners that can really tweak a set up where this set up obviously is going to have definite limitations. I think I'm gonna go stock with the intake/injection for now because of that reason. I am still interested in what this set up can do. I have a list of questions and will call them this week and see what they say. Like what LS short box said about the "wear" components. I need to ask about their hand held controller and what exactly does it do. The owners do have impressive resumes though. One of them has won 5 "Best Engineered" awards at SEMA. Sounds impressive to me but I really don't know how much weight that carries..
Robznob11 thanks for the tip on Fuel Injection Connection. Everywhere I look I have seen awesome reviews about their tech support, customer service and products.