The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-14-2019, 02:04 PM   #1
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Summitt racing is getting stupider and stupider

So a few weeks ago I call Summit and order a chrome step bumper for my 79.. About a week later it comes in.. Go to install and it turns out they sent me a bumper for a Toyota Tacoma truck.. Call em back and spoke to a really nice girl who insisted it wasnt Summits fault but they would send me the new bumper and a free shipping label to send back the wrong bumper and give me $10 off the new bumper, but the only problem is the bumper is still being made and it wont leave the factory until 12/13. this was like the last couple days of November
Come home from work on 12/4 and there's the new bumper.. Last weekend my son and I get to installing it and the thing fits perfect but the license plate sockets are all messed up ( looked like fedex dropped it a couple of times too but i was able to straighten it) . Today i call them up about the lights and they want to send me a whole bumper and have me change it out.. Im like no way so i tell them forget it id buy lights
I go on Ebay and guess who sells the light kit as a separate unit??? that's right Summitt Call up again and give them the part number and they're sending me a set.
Moral of the story if you went to college and need a job to pay off your $70K plus student loans cause you cant get a job with your art history major and ancient languages of the planet Zebulon degree, get some common sense and go work for Summitt... god knows they need some help

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 02:07 PM   #2
The Rocknrod

Re: Summitt racing is getting stupider and stupider

It seems people aren't getting smarter. Most barely have walking around sense.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 02:47 PM   #3
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocknrod View Post
It seems people aren't getting smarter. Most barely have walking around sense.
...and they're walking with their nose poked into their cell phones, in front of cars and into ponds, etc.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 03:56 PM   #4
mongocanfly
Post Whore

Well it's hard to argue with stupid...but it may not be summits fault...a lot of the larger items are shipped from the manufacturer and summit never lays a hand on it....
i get alot of things from them that way...
but I will say summit has been great at correcting mistakes in the past..

RIP Dad
RIP Jesse

1981 C30 LQ9 NV4500..http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753598
Mongos AD- LS3 TR6060...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...34#post8522334
Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8082563
2023 Chevy Z71..daily driver
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 05:04 PM   #5
68bowtie

That’s really frustrating and I can sympathize with that. Summit has been fantastic for me in every regard including returns, and I use them regularly, in fact they are my default unless they don’t sell what I need.

Survivor "Lil’ Mint" (67 c10 40k mile light green original paint)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh) SOLD
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh) SOLD
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 07:03 PM   #6
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

On the flip side, you could play their game. Box it back up for return, let them send you a new one. Grumble a bit, see if they'll knock off $10 again. Lather, rinse, repeat until you get what you paid for. Then wonder if they made any profit. And wonder if they wonder.

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 09:24 AM   #7
special-K
Special Order

I hate getting the wrong part, too. But this is just a simple mistake, not a sign the whole company is going downhill. Sorry for the inconvenience. It's true society is dumbing down and people need to get their noses out of their phones. But people are also forgetting that patience is a virtue... YES, a virtue (think about that word a minute) and so is forgiveness. Life ain't a bowl of cherries and there will always be that "shxt happens" thing from time to time. It always sucks when it happens to you, but such is life. Nobody's perfect and mistakes will happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Timber View Post
On the flip side, you could play their game. Box it back up for return, let them send you a new one. Grumble a bit, see if they'll knock off $10 again. Lather, rinse, repeat until you get what you paid for. Then wonder if they made any profit. And wonder if they wonder.
But isn't just getting what you ordered and putting it to use with no headaches the whole point?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 12:15 PM   #8
davischevy

I ordered new springs for the K10 project from General Spring in KC. The website didn't show my 4 leaf, center bolt rear spring. I called and told the guy what truck I had. We never discussed the location of the center bolt. When I got them, they were 4 leaf, but the bolt was not in the center.

I didn't get excited, crap happens. I called the guy and he starts telling me what questions he asked, and what my answers were, he even told me he had me measure the bolt location. I didn't bother arguing, because I figured it would be a waste of time.

I just paid the shipping back, and the difference in price end put him on my blacklist.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 01:03 PM   #9
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

heres part two for you On Facebook i saw a guy who had a cool shirt from Summitt.. go search Chevrolet Chevrolet pickup and squarebody nothing i search the entire logo on shirt and it comes up
https://www.summitracing.com/search/...p+to+be+square

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 01:27 PM   #10
The Rocknrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
... It's true society is dumbing down and people need to get their noses out of their phones...
Ya all you have to do is watch Live PD and it's very scary to think these people are out there.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 11:41 PM   #11
joedoh

I opened a complaint to tell them that the part i ordered did not have a setting that was listed on the page, and was also shown on the picture of the part. the gal said "yes you are right" and closed the complaint. picture is still up last I checked. absolute last time I ordered from them.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 06:18 AM   #12
special-K
Special Order

I've never been a fan of the huge one size fits all companies anyway. It seems unavoidable for them to at any point fall into the one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing syndrome. They take to much upon themselves to run on full efficiency. Waste becomes an accepted factor with the huge end result (for them) being what matters. Acceptable loss is just that for them. For little old just me one of those losses, or inconveniences, is not acceptable at all. All their successful transactions don't mean squat to me at that point. I run the opposite type of business, just little old me. And I operate on 1 bad deal out of 100 is not acceptable, because that is the one that word gets around on. I am the one making the promise and the one carrying through on it. That's why I prefer to do business with the smaller time business that "specializes" in what they sell.

All that said, with as huge as Summit is and with the huge spectrum of products they offer, I have heard nothing but positive reviews and praise up to this point. I never kidded myself and knew there was no way they could be maintaining an immaculate record on satisfaction. so now out come the negatives from the woodwork, which is how it normally works.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 08:00 AM   #13
Keith Seymore

Quote:
. But people are also forgetting that patience is a virtue... YES, a virtue (think about that word a minute)
Remember when we would send away for some trinket off the cereal box - and it would say "Please allow 90 days for shipping and handling".

90 days! Can you imagine waiting like that now?

K
1986 - 2019
Intro from an Old Assembly Guy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
My Pontiac story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
Chevelle intro: http://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
Keith Seymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 12:08 PM   #14
Rickysnickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
Remember when we would send away for some trinket off the cereal box - and it would say "Please allow 90 days for shipping and handling".

90 days! Can you imagine waiting like that now?

K
HAHAHAHAHA!!! Yes, I do remember those days
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 12:22 PM   #15
67C10Step

Any company can make a mistake, it is in how they handle that mistake that makes the difference to me. Sounds like Summit took care of the issue so it's all good in the end.

Now, if they started screwing up more orders to me than they got right it would be something else. I recently orders springs, retainers, shock relocation kit, and adjustable trac bar from them and it went great. Submitted my order Saturday night and the parts were here on Tuesday. No complaints on that one. We will see what my next order looks like.
2024 Toyota Tundra
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 04:46 PM   #16
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

Quote:
But isn't just getting what you ordered and putting it to use with no headaches the whole point?
Sure it is. I was doing the Limbaugh thing, pointing out absurdity by being absurd. Agreeing with Bob. But as Greg pointed out, that's almost certainly shipped from the manufacturer.

On the flip side, we're all maybe a little spoiled. The whole internet shopping thing, find anything you want, comparison shop, then have it at your door in a few days. I'm digging it, even with the occasional return.

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 11:49 PM   #17
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Quote:
I've never been a fan of the huge one size fits all companies anyway. It seems unavoidable for them to at any point fall into the one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing syndrome. They take to much upon themselves to run on full efficiency. Waste becomes an accepted factor with the huge end result (for them) being what matters. Acceptable loss is just that for them. For little old just me one of those losses, or inconveniences, is not acceptable at all. All their successful transactions don't mean squat to me at that point. I run the opposite type of business, just little old me. And I operate on 1 bad deal out of 100 is not acceptable, because that is the one that word gets around on. I am the one making the promise and the one carrying through on it. That's why I prefer to do business with the smaller time business that "specializes" in what they sell.

All that said, with as huge as Summit is and with the huge spectrum of products they offer, I have heard nothing but positive reviews and praise up to this point. I never kidded myself and knew there was no way they could be maintaining an immaculate record on satisfaction. so now out come the negatives from the woodwork, which is how it normally works.

I agree. I've noticed (mostly in restaurants) that many will complain if the service etc is not good. I know those servers are not well paid and many barely make minimum if they're decent servers, so I make it a priority to speak to a manager when I get great service and I've told a few managers that that server needs to be the trainer. I needed a phone cord when I was in MV a while back. The girl at CVS was very helpful at finding (and making sure it fit) a new cord. So much so that I told her to start looking for another job that she was better than this. I've done this at other business' also because too often people voice the negative but expect the positive.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote