The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2021, 09:09 AM   #1
Boog
laying low

covid vaccines

I just saw on the news that only 38% of nursing home workers have taken the vaccine so far. That's just ridiculous what with so many deaths in nursing homes across this country.
Many health care workers are refusing the vaccines.
That leads me to ask, what's wrong with it?

With the initial fright health care workers had over the virus and health care workers deaths you would think they'd jump all over the offered vaccines.

And no, I don't believe there is a tracking device in those vaccines.

What outlandish stories have you heard about the vaccines?
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Old 02-04-2021, 09:43 AM   #2
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Re: covid vaccines

My wife got the vaccine. She got sick as a dog as did a lot of her coworkers. Her arm was sore for at least a week. (It's a nasty shot) I think when other workers see that it scares them off. I guess I can't blame them. Who wants that?

I've not heard the tracking device story. What a joke. Get out your foil hats boys

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
Old 02-04-2021, 09:48 AM   #3
57taskforce
All about them K’s

My wife has shown me a couple of videos of people who have had the vaccine that flop around uncontrollably like a fish out of water while sitting down in a chair or couch. I also know there have been a lot of bad reactions and even deaths associated with the vaccine as well. I have no clue if the videos I’ve seen are legit or not but I have no plans to get it. I’ll keep trying to eat healthy and get my daily exercise in as I have for the last year several years of my life. I don’t ever get the flu shot, and I’ve always been healthy, one of Gods blessings for sure. I do know that I wouldn’t want to put some concoction into my body that was developed in less than a year with no long term proven risk evaluations.
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
Old 02-04-2021, 09:59 AM   #4
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

I've received both doses of the Phizer product with the first administration at the end of December. And since t從那 I'v時起,ha我一 n直沒有任何不好的結果。我感覺很好

Honestly, I had no immediate or delayed side effects at all. My wife and some others I know became very fatigued the day following the second dose. It's true that in general health care facilities have had relatively low vaccination adoption amongst staff.

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland

Last edited by DeadheadNM; 02-04-2021 at 10:15 AM. Reason: added
Old 02-04-2021, 10:06 AM   #5
blazer2007

my friend got it, got a sore arm and was tired for the day. I,m next , I,m a care aide for the handicapped ,mostly Quads. in there homes ,nice work
Old 02-04-2021, 10:14 AM   #6
Chevyland

My Daughter is a teacher in her early 20’s
She was on the fence about it.
I told her she should get it
She had no side effects, except her arm was a little sore
Old 02-04-2021, 11:07 AM   #7
Thealien

I am sorry but most vacines are tested for years. We may not know some of the long term side effects for years?

Can you not wear a mask if you have had the vaccine? NO
Can businesses open if all the employees have had a vaccine? NO

There are other reasons, I will wait and see. As always do what YOU are comfortable with. If everyone kept their hands out of their mouths, washed hands frequently, disinfected commonly touched surfaces I "think" there would be a lot less spread?
Old 02-04-2021, 11:11 AM   #8
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
My brothers stepson was spewing some nonsense about the vaccine changing your DNA. He also would't wear a mask. He ended up getting Covid and was really sick with it. I think that changed his mind about the seriousness of it. I haven't heard whether he is getting the vaccine or not.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
Old 02-04-2021, 11:20 AM   #9
dave6672

My 84 year old father has had both doses with no side effects other than a slightly sore arm.

1972 K20
1972 C20 Highlander
1957 Chevy 210 Delray
1967 C10
Old 02-04-2021, 11:24 AM   #10
Rickysnickers

Bum info about the shot;
My niece said that it makes you infertile. Debunked, at least according to what we researched.

There was a "Verify" segment on the news last night about how people were getting sick after the shot, don't remember if it was the 1st or 2nd. Anyway, it was said that yes, you can become somewhat "sick" (meaning feeling bad), but that mean that your body has kicked it's immune system into high gear and producing the antibodies you need. So, in short, it's a good thing to have the reaction after having the shot. And now that I think about it, it was the 2nd shot they were talking about.
Old 02-04-2021, 11:26 AM   #11
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

This will surely be a wordy post, but I am heavily involved first hand in the vaccine administration so this isn't youtube conjecture or rumor stuff.

I work in a large scale vaccination clinic once per week. My fire department is 100 percent paramedic certified staff so we employees are utilized to man the regional vaccine clinic.

The clinic where we work administers between 2000 and 3000 doses per day.

I have fulfilled different roles in the process.

The "shooter" is the medic who interviews the patient and administers the shot.

Then afterwards we monitor the patients for either 15 or 30 minutes (determined by the shooter based on his patient interview). The folks sit in a large convention center room and medics patrol up and down the rows. When their 15/30 minutes is up they simply get up and leave.

So, having both administered and monitored many thousands of people getting their vaccines, I have seen zero.....zero...zero.... persons have an adverse reaction. There is no flopping about like a fish or any of that bullsh1t. At the most I might see a person suffering from needle anxiety. I just lead them to the private care room and sit and talk and calm them down for a few minutes and they're out the door on their way home.

I prefer the aftercare role rather than giving the injection role. I get to talk to many interesting people for a while and it makes the day go faster. I can always see someone in the crowd who looks anxious or worried and I go kneel down and make conversation with them and it all gets better for them. People need eye contact and hand holding during scary times.

I tell people that your arm will be quite sore for a couple of days afterwards so choose which arm you get poked wisely. You're not going to sleep on the arm that night so think about it when you sit down to get poked. The second dose often gives quite noticeable effects the day after. Chill, aches, etc. No flopping around like a fish though. No inexplicable urge to buy Microsoft stock.

I did get the vaccine because i felt morally that it was the right thing to do. At work we enter somewhere between 10 and 20 homes per day while running calls and many of those homes have elderly or compromised persons living in them. I could not in good conscience continue to enter innocent person's homes under the pretense of helping them with their 911 needs and possibly be carrying a silent threat in with me. The vaccine is free and it reportedly makes me less of a threat to high risk populations. That's good enough for me.
Old 02-04-2021, 11:27 AM   #12
72c20customcamper

My step daughter got the vaccine. She works in half way homes for the disabled she runs 12 of them and needs to visit . She got a sore arm and a little fatigue the next day .
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
Old 02-04-2021, 11:39 AM   #13
Dead Parrot

One thing to keep in mind is the few folks that have a bad reaction are the ones the news networks will report on. The by now millions that have received the shot with nothing more then maybe a sore arm are not newsworthy.

I recently received the 2 shot series for shingles and that did cause a sore arm for a couple of days. BTW - the shingles shots are a 30 day "Can't donate" flag for blood donations. I do plan on getting the covid shot once they work down to my age/health group on the priority lists.

My 93 year old father has received both shots without issue.(Pfizer version)
Old 02-04-2021, 11:59 AM   #14
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter View Post
This will surely be a wordy post, but I am heavily involved first hand in the vaccine administration so this isn't youtube conjecture or rumor stuff.

I work in a large scale vaccination clinic once per week. My fire department is 100 percent paramedic certified staff so we employees are utilized to man the regional vaccine clinic.

Then afterwards we monitor the patients for either 15 or 30 minutes (determined by the shooter based on his patient interview). The folks sit in a large convention center room and medics patrol up and down the rows. When their 15/30 minutes is up they simply get up and leave.

So, having both administered and monitored many thousands of people getting their vaccines, I have seen zero.....zero...zero.... persons have an adverse reaction. There is no flopping about like a fish or any of that bullsh1t. At the most I might see a person suffering from needle anxiety. I just lead them to the private care room and sit and talk and calm them down for a few minutes and they're out the door on their way home.

I prefer the aftercare role rather than giving the injection role. I get to talk to many interesting people for a while and it makes the day go faster. I can always see someone in the crowd who looks anxious or worried and I go kneel down and make conversation with them and it all gets better for them. People need eye contact and hand holding during scary times.

I tell people that your arm will be quite sore for a couple of days afterwards so choose which arm you get poked wisely. You're not going to sleep on the arm that night so think about it when you sit down to get poked. The second dose often gives quite noticeable effects the day after. Chill, aches, etc. No flopping around like a fish though. No inexplicable urge to buy Microsoft stock.

I did get the vaccine because i felt morally that it was the right thing to do. At work we enter somewhere between 10 and 20 homes per day while running calls and many of those homes have elderly or compromised persons living in them. I could not in good conscience continue to enter innocent person's homes under the pretense of helping them with their 911 needs and possibly be carrying a silent threat in with me. The vaccine is free and it reportedly makes me less of a threat to high risk populations. That's good enough for me.
Good on you Kevin, the world genuinely needs more people like you these days. Like I said I saw the videos of the people flopping around like a fish but normally I’ve very cautious about what I believe from tv or the Internet. I’m glad you haven’t seen any cases like that. I was pretty skeptical of them when I saw them. Hopefully that part truly is all BS. I do know my grandmother got the vaccine at the end of December and she seems to be holding up just fine.

That said I’m still comfortable not getting the shot, I don’t do needles if at all possible to avoid them.

Pete- very clever. Google is fluent... surprise, surprise!
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0

Last edited by 57taskforce; 02-04-2021 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02-04-2021, 12:07 PM   #15
Chevyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter View Post

Amen.....

I’d venture to say
Most every doubter out there
Has far less experience
Than this
!
Old 02-04-2021, 12:15 PM   #16
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: covid vaccines

I've herd all the stuff on this and personally I'm going to wait it out until the new wears off and then decide what I will do. Just to soon for me to decide. It's like any new thing that comes out everybody wants it now!

I can wait. It doesn't keep you from getting the virus it only suppose to lessen the severity of it, if you do get it. So I will wait until all the fuss is over and see how it goes.
My 95 year old dad was told he tested + for it but never got sick. I'm still trying to figure out how he got it. He hasn't been out of the house but a few times this past year and those where for doctor visit's.
Both his ladies that come in and clean for him tested + also but none of them got sick. They all 3 did the 2 week quarantine also. ????????

Just spoke to dad, he said he got the shot and was good. His arm was little sore for that day but is good now. He got the shot on Monday. That's good to hear.

My 2nd oldest brother and his wife both have it now and are home doing better but aren't over it yet. They went to hospital and where sent home with medicine to fight it. They where not severe enough to keep at the hospital! Not enough beds. They are getting better but who knows. Praying for them every day. They are in their 70's so it's been hard on them I'm sure.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Old 02-04-2021, 12:23 PM   #17
1976gmc20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
My brothers stepson was spewing some nonsense about the vaccine changing your DNA. He also would't wear a mask. He ended up getting Covid and was really sick with it. I think that changed his mind about the seriousness of it. I haven't heard whether he is getting the vaccine or not.

LockDoc
Why would anyone take the vaccine after they have already had the China flu and gotten over it ??? If that doesn't provide immunity then nothing will.

We've had two friends get sick and get over it after not being expected to survive. They both had serious pre-existing conditions, diabetes and COPD. Well, the second friend is off the ventilator now so she is expected to make it now.

I've never had a flu shot and I sure as heck am not taking this one. There's just too many weird things about this entire "pandemic" for me to trust something that no one knows what are the long term effects.

We live out in the woods, you see ...
1958 Chevy C-60; 1965 GMC C-50; 1965 Chevy C-10; 1971 Chevy K-10; 1973 Chevy K-20; 1976 GMC C-20; 1977 Chevy C-10 Suburban; 1980 Chevy K-10; 1989 Chevy K1500; 1991 GMC V1500 Suburban; 2016 Chevy K2500 HD

Other vehicles: 1988 Jeep XJ; 2011 Toyota 4Runner
Old 02-04-2021, 12:32 PM   #18
Rich84

My son had his second shot on Monday. Just a sore arm. My Parents got their first shot yesterday. Sore arms.

It really is getting harder and harder to find reporting that is accurate and not fear mongering. These "news" outlets are in the business of making $$. They are not noble.
Old 02-04-2021, 01:46 PM   #19
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Kevin -- Thank you, thank you, thank you for your post! Your experiences & knowledge mean far more than rare bad experiences or worse yet, internet rumors.

I am 71 and have been treated for rheumatoid arthritis for close to 12 years. As a result, my immune system is suppressed. Both our primary care physician and my rheumatologist have stressed the importance of my getting vaccinated as soon as possible. My wife & I will be doing that when vaccine becomes available here. Side note, my rheumatologist was part of an early Stanford study group and was vaccinated several months ago and he suffered no negative side effects.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Old 02-04-2021, 02:07 PM   #20
MalibuSSwagon

Since I work for a small city seeing many different employees on a daily basis, I got on a standby list with the FD to get the shot. Yes your arm will be sore for a few days after. My gf is a pharmacist and administers vaccines, to be eligible to do so you have to be CPR certified since anyone could have an adverse reaction to any vaccine. Everyone is just so damn worked up about this thing its crazy
Old 02-04-2021, 02:15 PM   #21
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

My wife and I are getting our first doses today. I'll report back on effects when I get them. Most I've ever experienced from a vaccination was a sore arm.

As far as "microchips", I worked in radio frequency (RF) propagation and scattering for 12 years, and have built and tested shielded rooms for computers. It isn't possible for there to be enough "RF components" in that volume to be detectable by any equipment currently in the inventory. I didn't believe the microchip "theories" for a split second.

The vaccine appears to be on par with any other vaccine in terms of side effects. Given the sort of aftereffects from the disease, I'll take the shots. People are ending up back in the hospital weeks and months later due to residual damage. At 68 YO I'm not taking the chance by not getting vaccinated.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Old 02-04-2021, 02:33 PM   #22
truckin 79

I am in healthcare and I am in tier 1B so I was eligible to get the shot. I received the Moderna vaccine and the first shot made my arm sore for 2 days. I got the second shot and had chills, body aches and a slight headache that lasted about 24 hours, not fun but also no big deal. It seem like 1/3 of people who get 2nd vaccine shot experience this. I understand peoples concern of not knowing long term effects with vaccine but we know the short term effects of not getting the shot. Which is possible death or prolonged health/breathing problems if you contract covid. I am sure everyone by now knows someone who was infected with covid and had struggled mightily with returning to normal or someone who has died from covid. I for one am willing to do what I can to make sure I do not have to worry about severe symptoms or death from covid.
Covid-19 has killed more Americans in a year and a couple months 450,000 than WW2 407,000.
The scary part with this virus is how quickly it is mutating to stronger strains in certain cases.
Stay safe out there
Old 02-04-2021, 02:35 PM   #23
best view

Iam more worried about another person texting and hitting me head on again at 50 since that’s happed 3 times, no shot for me I’ve ran every day since high school take vitamin d hell I’ve never had a flu shot
Old 02-04-2021, 02:43 PM   #24
truckster

I got the vaccine and my kids became autistic...

Actually, I didn't suffer any side effects. My wife was really worried about it, until I explained the science to her.
Old 02-04-2021, 03:41 PM   #25
Bigdav160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
That leads me to ask, what's wrong with it?
Number one? Politicization of the whole wu flu fear campaign.

Otherwise mRNA vaccines have never been approved by the FDA before because of possible risk and (I assume) no long term studies. These got emergency approval.

A recent quote: "Dr. Dolores Cahill, professor of molecular genetics, School of Medicine at University College Dublin:......then the real adverse events will happen, against whatever is the real mRNA in the vaccines, and when the person vaccinated comes across (this corona virus) sometime later …. what happened in the animal studies, 20% or 50% or 100% of the animals died. Among people over 80, maybe about 2.5% will experience severe side effects, adverse events where people cannot work or live life normally. Then with the 2nd vaccination it could be 1 in 10 or ten percent. For the over 80-year-olds, I would think that 80% of them would have life-limiting reactions or die when they come across the messenger RNA again. For others (not elderly) it could be half of the people who could be severely harmed."

So there might be reason for caution. Sweden will not give these mRNA vaccines to people over 65.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
What outlandish stories have you heard about the vaccines?
Is the story above outlandish? I've been teaching school, face to face, since June 1.

I still haven't met a person that's been sick. At my weekend place in the country hardly anyone wears mask. The last I read they had 3 people die with covid.
'73 Z-28 Camaro
'63 Ford SWB Uni Pickup
'50 Ford Coupe
Closed Thread