The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-22-2015, 10:32 PM   #1
BP Automotive

All harnesses are NOT created equal.

After getting another "NEW" harness in that someone had issues with I wanted to post our commitment to excellence page in here. This will help you guys ask the right questions if you happen to be shopping around for an engine harness.

Please dont take it as me saying we are the only Quality harness manufacturer out there, there are others out there. The page will help you protect yourself from someone who THINKS they know what they are doing. Since it seems there are harness builders popping up everywhere now days.

http://www.bp-automotive.com/Commitm...xcellence.html

Bill
BP Automotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 11:59 PM   #2
GMC-YA68

Re: All harnesses are NOT created equal.

Just sent you a PM...

'72 Jimmy 4x4 - 5.3/4L65E/NP205 swap
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=663780
GMC-YA68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 01:33 AM   #3
cornerstone

Hey there... I went to the site and did not see a gen 5 harness available. Do you expect to have them anytime soon? Pricing?
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 03:48 PM   #4
NorCalAnthony

Great looking harnesses Bill. I just shot you a PM to see if you can make something special for my project.
NorCalAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:43 PM   #5
A1971Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP Automotive View Post
After getting another "NEW" harness in that someone had issues with I wanted to post our commitment to excellence page in here. This will help you guys ask the right questions if you happen to be shopping around for an engine harness.

Please dont take it as me saying we are the only Quality harness manufacturer out there, there are others out there. The page will help you protect yourself from someone who THINKS they know what they are doing. Since it seems there are harness builders popping up everywhere now days.

http://www.bp-automotive.com/Commitm...xcellence.html

Bill
Great to hear about good ole fashioned customer service.....

While we're on the subject of harnesses, I had a question come up about the PCM seeing some kind of signal/feedback to indicate that the transfer case was in 4Lo position on a 4WD rig.......is there a way that you address this issue? I have an LS1 and PCM from an '02 F-body car. PCM has already been re-flashed and is supposed to be ready to run the motor.
A1971Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 10:54 PM   #6
H20cooled

I can attest to the excellent quality and customer service I received from BP Automotive. I'm very happy with what I received and their help with my questions.
H20cooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:30 PM   #7
BP Automotive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
Hey there... I went to the site and did not see a gen 5 harness available. Do you expect to have them anytime soon? Pricing?
We have started on the R&D for the Gen V system. We just haven't had the time to finish it off with tax season being as busy as it is. Hopefully soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAnthony View Post
Great looking harnesses Bill. I just shot you a PM to see if you can make something special for my project.
Replied

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1971Blazer View Post
Great to hear about good ole fashioned customer service.....

While we're on the subject of harnesses, I had a question come up about the PCM seeing some kind of signal/feedback to indicate that the transfer case was in 4Lo position on a 4WD rig.......is there a way that you address this issue? I have an LS1 and PCM from an '02 F-body car. PCM has already been re-flashed and is supposed to be ready to run the motor.
Yes, this can be wired in. It works off of a ground signal. However, I have never tried to verify if it works with the LS1 OS. I know it can be enabled in the Vortec OS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H20cooled View Post
I can attest to the excellent quality and customer service I received from BP Automotive. I'm very happy with what I received and their help with my questions.
Thanks! You guys make it worth dealing with the bad customers!

Bill
Old 03-26-2015, 11:28 PM   #8
Iceburgh

email sent
Old 03-31-2015, 12:12 PM   #9
StRockwell

Purchased a full harness and ECU from BP last fall. Can't say enough about it, love it.
StRockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:34 AM   #10
Mjminino

that sucks that you're not doing the rewire service anymore
Mjminino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:21 PM   #11
Advanced Design

You have a good product BP. Friend used yours recently and we will use your harness on the next two builds we are doing.
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:47 PM   #12
A1971Blazer

I'm just about ready to purchase a harness, but I'm still foggy on a few details.

Fan(s)......... I have a good set of factory fans from '02 F body but I was looking at an Entropy 4 core radiator that has the fans and shroud already attached.
THIS ONE

They recommend their fan control wiring harness but if I understand correctly, the factory harness will control the fans just the same, as long as they are wired into the harness with the relays and all......?

Now, if I add Vintage Air or equivalent, do I need the AC output on my harness to force the fans on when the AC is on.....?

Also for the injector connections, what is the difference in the EV1 and EV6 mine has stock injectors I assume.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:16 PM   #13
BP Automotive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjminino View Post
that sucks that you're not doing the rewire service anymore
Im sorry! They are just so time consuming, we can actually build a new one faster than rewire a factory harness. You would be surprised how easy it is to close the gap in the price difference once you sold your factory harness. If in good shape most factory harnesses will bring at least $100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
You have a good product BP. Friend used yours recently and we will use your harness on the next two builds we are doing.
Awesome to hear! I love to let my work speak for its self, and its always great to hear when it does!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1971Blazer View Post
I'm just about ready to purchase a harness, but I'm still foggy on a few details.

Fan(s)......... I have a good set of factory fans from '02 F body but I was looking at an Entropy 4 core radiator that has the fans and shroud already attached.
THIS ONE

They recommend their fan control wiring harness but if I understand correctly, the factory harness will control the fans just the same, as long as they are wired into the harness with the relays and all......?

Now, if I add Vintage Air or equivalent, do I need the AC output on my harness to force the fans on when the AC is on.....?

Also for the injector connections, what is the difference in the EV1 and EV6 mine has stock injectors I assume.
Entropy makes a good setup. We can integrate the fans into a harness, and can run it just like the ls1. This would be like their $150 kit. We can also make it plug and play with their fans.

As for the A/C, if you have a LS1 engine and PCM we can make the PCM control that also. You get much better Idle controls, fan controls, and A/C protection when you run through the PCM. To top it all off, its actually simpler to run it like this. Just hook up two wires, and install a GM pressure transducer, and the A/C wiring is done.

Just give me a call if you still have any more questions, Id be glad to clear it up for you.

Bill
270-805-1777
Old 04-02-2015, 09:25 PM   #14
A1971Blazer

Quote:
Entropy makes a good setup. We can integrate the fans into a harness, and can run it just like the ls1. This would be like their $150 kit. We can also make it plug and play with their fans.

As for the A/C, if you have a LS1 engine and PCM we can make the PCM control that also. You get much better Idle controls, fan controls, and A/C protection when you run through the PCM. To top it all off, its actually simpler to run it like this. Just hook up two wires, and install a GM pressure transducer, and the A/C wiring is done.

Just give me a call if you still have any more questions, Id be glad to clear it up for you.

Bill
270-805-1777
Thanks for the info Bill, what I have is a complete ls1/4L60E pullout from an '02 TransAm
I will be contacting you in the next few days....to finalize the details and place an order.....

Last edited by A1971Blazer; 04-02-2015 at 09:31 PM.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:51 AM   #15
engairuph

You are not reworking harnesses or cheaper making new harness? I have mine and ready for new or remake if you are quoting? 1969 suburban ls set up is 2005 5.3 suburban 4L80e and need relay for dual fans also. pedal will be DBW and I have my ECU

69 4x4 Suburban PTO winch(NAVY)
13 GMC Ext cab
12 Ford Fusion SE(wife)

MAI
Interior shop
engairuph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 11:42 AM   #16
BP Automotive

Quote:
Originally Posted by engairuph View Post
You are not reworking harnesses or cheaper making new harness? I have mine and ready for new or remake if you are quoting? 1969 suburban ls set up is 2005 5.3 suburban 4L80e and need relay for dual fans also. pedal will be DBW and I have my ECU
Shot you a PM. Thanks!

Bill
Old 04-13-2015, 08:20 PM   #17
clinebarger

Do you do PCM tuning? OK, That's a dumb question, Do you do weird off the wall custom tunes?

I'm installing a '04 Truck 5.3L in a '01 V6 Camaro...
I need the Blue/Green Service # 12586242 PCM to control a '99-'02 F-body cluster & 3-relay cooling fans.
F-body A/C controls
Return trans pressure to stock. (Had it bumped by PCMforless)
Tune for 3:42's & 25.6" tire.
Vats turned off by PCMforless already.

Can you help me?
clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:23 PM   #18
jessemthompson

The rewire option would be nice as I have the full harness for my 07 5.3. 150tunes.com will do the harness and tune the PCM for $400. I've heard all great things about your company, but what will I get with your company vs doing the rewire with the other company? I want good quality and the best bang for my dollar. As the other poster stated I'm going to be running f body fans and a vintage ac system.
jessemthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 10:09 PM   #19
BP Automotive

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinebarger View Post
Do you do PCM tuning? OK, That's a dumb question, Do you do weird off the wall custom tunes?

I'm installing a '04 Truck 5.3L in a '01 V6 Camaro...
I need the Blue/Green Service # 12586242 PCM to control a '99-'02 F-body cluster & 3-relay cooling fans.
F-body A/C controls
Return trans pressure to stock. (Had it bumped by PCMforless)
Tune for 3:42's & 25.6" tire.
Vats turned off by PCMforless already.

Can you help me?
We can supply you with the tuning needed, however some of the P59 (Blue/Green PCM) will not accept the F-Body A/C controls. Give me a call and we can work through what you have going on. 270-805-1777.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemthompson View Post
The rewire option would be nice as I have the full harness for my 07 5.3. 150tunes.com will do the harness and tune the PCM for $400. I've heard all great things about your company, but what will I get with your company vs doing the rewire with the other company? I want good quality and the best bang for my dollar. As the other poster stated I'm going to be running f body fans and a vintage ac system.
There is a HUGE difference between a rewire and a new harness, especially on the Vortec applications. The stock vortec harness is routed pretty bad. It just goes to the top of the intake and just splits everywhere from there. You are constrained to mounting the PCM/ECM in the same general area as the donor vehicle with those harnesses also.

Our new harnesses are routed like the Camaro/Firebird harnesses, and are 5ft long with a grommet on the main trunk line. This enables you to mount the PCM inside out of sight, or generally anywhere you want.

Once you sell your factory harness, that closes the gap between a rewire and a new harness considerably. A harness from us with the same options they add to a rewire costs $500, and the tune is $100 when purchased with a new harness. Thats $600 for the same options, just $200 difference. Once you sell the factory harness which in good condition brings $100-$150 its a no brainer.

Plus our fuseblock is lightyears better.

Bill
Old 04-15-2015, 06:25 PM   #20
NorCalAnthony

Hey Bill, can you guys make a harness with a built in throttle body adapter harness? I have a Gen III DBW truck motor (5.3 LM7) and picked up a TBSS intake manifold and throttle body that I plan on using for my build. I know Speartech makes an adapter harness for $60 http://www.speartech.com/product_p/tbadapttruck.htm and Torque Rush makes the X-Link for $235 http://www.torquerush.com/index.html but I’d much rather just buy a harness from you guys with that built in to it from the get go if at all possible…
Old 04-15-2015, 10:10 PM   #21
BP Automotive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAnthony View Post
Hey Bill, can you guys make a harness with a built in throttle body adapter harness? I have a Gen III DBW truck motor (5.3 LM7) and picked up a TBSS intake manifold and throttle body that I plan on using for my build. I know Speartech makes an adapter harness for $60 http://www.speartech.com/product_p/tbadapttruck.htm and Torque Rush makes the X-Link for $235 http://www.torquerush.com/index.html but I’d much rather just buy a harness from you guys with that built in to it from the get go if at all possible…
To use the 6 Pin LS2 throttle body your application would need to be the 01-02 style drive by wire with the all plastic TAC module. Is this your application?

Bill
Old 04-16-2015, 01:51 AM   #22
NorCalAnthony

Quote:
To use the 6 Pin LS2 throttle body your application would need to be the 01-02 style drive by wire with the all plastic TAC module. Is this your application?

Bill
I actually have one from an '01 Suburban and one from an '03 Tahoe since the pull-apart yard didn't know what they had and sold me the TAC module, harness, and pedal for about $10 for each setup. The '01 has the all plastic TAC module and was ran by a red/blue PCM. The '03 has the metal and plastic TAC and was ran by a green/blue PCM.

Out of curiosity, what is the difference between the 01-02 and 03-06 DBW setups that makes them non-compatible? Is one better than the other for some reason? I see the Speartech harness only mentions the 01-02 and X-Link only mentions the 03-06 but I could never find anything anywhere that explained why...
Old 05-13-2015, 12:47 PM   #23
splatrd

Hi Bill. I am interested in your DIY REWIRE kit. I did an LT1 swap years ago using factory service manual and just transferred everything from donor vehicle. This go round I am swapping a '03 LQ4 6.0 from an Express van into my 72 C-10. I want to eliminate all emissions, and only use one set of O2 sensors. No A/C, but want fan control. My question is related to reprogramming the computer and wire pin outs. I found some schematics on line that seem to jive with my harness, but there are a couple of circuits that are different. Does your kit give any instructions on what pins to use? I assume that the reprogramming will change some of the pin outs? Would your kit require use of your reprogramming service to be compatible?
Thanks

Paul
1978 El Camino SS, LT1 swap
2016 Camaro SS
splatrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 01:05 AM   #24
GMC-YA68

Just want to say my harness came back flawless and dummy proof. Spectacular job Bill. Thank you.

P.S. - I need to send you back my PCM, I went with a different gear ratio than what I originally told you.

'72 Jimmy 4x4 - 5.3/4L65E/NP205 swap
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=663780
GMC-YA68 is offline   Reply With Quote