The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-20-2008, 12:57 PM   #26
Sport/Truck
Sierra Grande Club

Re: Me 2, mice 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70' GMC View Post
I like to bait the traps with melted cheese thats kinda fresh and they go right to it caught two of them like that at once. Or I just sick my Boston terrier on em and he will take his paw and mash them. He's better than a cat.
The only thing wrong with that is it attracts them, them more traps you put out, the stronger the smell = more mice. I'd rather keep them out.
s/t
1971 GMC Sierra Grande, 1/2 ton short wide, original 4 bolt 010 020 block & heads. (matching #'s). 383 stroker, SMI q jet 750 cfm, Lunati Voodoo 60102 cam, Scorpion roller rockers, Spin Tech pro street mufflers with X pipe.
Sport/Truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:56 PM   #27
71 super

I have used dryer sheets with go success to get rid of mice. I had a group move into the hood of the 71, stuffed couple of dryer sheets in the openings, in the fresh air vents and under the seats, mice are gone. I read that they cant stand the perfume used in the sheets.
69 swb cst 6 cylinder/ overdrive
69 black/black cst bb swb
70 orange and white cst Canada built truck swb bb
71 black and white super swb bb
71 red and white super swb
72 green and white super swb 4x4
62 nova wagon 400 series Ls swapped
68 Camaro 327/4 speed- 1 owner, original paint
66 Volkswagen bettle
69 auto stick Volkswagen Beetle
71 super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:53 PM   #28
Ace in the hole

I use a variant of the 5 gal. pail mentioned by barraza and JimKshortstep4x4. An inch or two of antifreeze mix in the bottom of a 5gal bucket, a piece of 3/4" conduit drilled into and put across the top, then stick a smaller piece of 2" conduit hanging in the middle on the 3/4" conduit. Put a ribbon of peanut butter around the center of the 2" conduit. They crawl out start eating the peanut butter and eventually slip off and into the antifreeze below when they try to follow the peanut butter down the side of the 2" conduit. I've had buckets with 15 or more in it by the end of winter and they don't smell.
Ace in the hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:14 PM   #29
50MOTORHEAD

5 gallon bucket with 10' of anti-freeze in bottom.Poke a hole through center of top and bottom of can and pass a heavy gauge wire through it. Hang it across the top of bucket.Put peanut butter on wire and pop can.Same basic idea as earlier mentioned.
When I store anything out in the barns,I always put mothballs everywhere I can. On the intake, cab floor, glove box.They hate the stuff. You'll have to park it out in the air with windows open in the Spring ,but I have never had anything ruined since then.
The poison that I use in the barns makes them real slow before they die. I have walked out in my shop with people following me and have had one of the little suckers walk in front of me as I walked through the door. They have a look of horror as I kick the little varmints up against the wall-SPLAT.I HATE them nasty things!!!-KB
50MOTORHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:29 PM   #30
MotorSeven
Restoration Desperation

X-2 on the cat. But, finding a cat that is a certified ratter is another matter. My daughter called & said her friend was giving away a cat because she kept bringing home squirrels. I had her bring the cat up. Since then i haven't seen any mouse activity in the shop, trucks, or the tractor in the barn. I was hoping she would have some kittens & teach them to hunt, but it turns out she has been spayed....damn. So, i am always on the look out for a back up cat................

RD
MotorSeven is offline   Reply With Quote