The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2002, 11:12 AM   #1
greasemonkey

good news/bad news...

Good news: Dad went and got truck from New Mexico, and made it back fine.
Bad news: every time he heard something knocking, he added some oil and that seemed to help it. When he got home, I checked the oil level. It was way too high. I popped the air cleaner top, and it has a lot of oil in the assembly. When the truck is running, the oil somehow makes its way up to the air cleaner assembly, leaks down, drops on the manifolds and burns. Is this hopefully just a small problem caused by the overfull oil, or is it a big problem?

I have the specs finally on the truck as well. C/10 short/fleet, 350 with 40" glasspacks (loud obviously) original 6-lug rims, body in pretty good shape, maroon paint- not original, heavy-duty rear end with a huge towing package, coil-over rear shocks, hitch, all the wires for trailer etc, trailer brakes. Inside-pioneer stereo, can't get the tape deck to work, steering wheel and seat absolutely whacked, underdash air that blows but no compressor so it it is just "fan". I have the options list too, will post that later, but I can't read some of them so if you guys could help decode that would be awesome. And the fuel guage somewhat works, however the temp and speedometer do not work. I already waxed it and shined up the paint pretty well. I will post pics when I get a scanner in the next ten years or so
1987 Jimmy
2004 Tahoe
2005 Silverado 1500
2005 Silverado 3500
greasemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote