The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2004, 12:31 AM   #1
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

The longhorn runs...but first...

First of all...thanks to all the ppl who made the longhorn happen. You know who you are...thanks.
Have had a few PM's askin about this. There's been a million or so new members since I got this sucker, and I haven't posted a longhorn update for two years or so...
so here is a brief history. Sorry dialup guys. Skip to the bottom for the new pics, not too exciting...but none-the-less

Here she is day one when I picked it up. This is at OldChev's house in PA, hooked up to LonghornJeff's '87 k/5. These were the first two members I had met. Made for an awsome weekend. Lots of miles, lots of dew....lots of fun.

That's it's good side. Here is the bad side as it was when Randy (old chev) got it.

Like I said...Lots of dew and smokes...

The original owner had froze the water in the original 350, and for one reason or another, had a pontiac 350/TH350 installed.
The cat didn't come with the truck.

The inside wasn't too bad after a few hrs of cleaning and scrapeing the goo off the fllor. Some duct tape and a seat cover made for a decent seat.

Here's the option list....factory cruise control!

Then i decided it needed a caddy big block

Pull the clip...and go for the pontiac to caddy swap.

Then pulled a flim flam on the front clip between the GMC and the longhorn. I like the GMC grill better and this Chevy grill was pretty rough to begin with...The hoods ended up swapping back.

A quickie redo on the int. including a later wheel, tilt, chrome & black glove box door, and blacj vinal.

Caddy 425 mounted.

A little spray paint since the bumpers were white and the the chrome wwasn't too nice to begin with

Then it sat right there for almost 2 years.

At this point, i did little things...installed a rad I got from work, did a little of this, a little of that, finally fired it up... tranny still not hooked up, but none the less, i fired it up.
Then it sat again.
Well, it is at the shop now. I have the tranny hooked up, the drive shaft repaired and installed, fine69 and I (mostly him) repaired my dist. which decided to fall apart, I stabbed that and a new starter. Cranked it up, poured in some tranny fluid, and she moved!
No brakes though. I did do some spinning in the snow, but didn't do any burnouts or anything.
Still plenty to do here, but it moved under it's own power, it sounds decent, it all feels.....right.
I couldn't get a burn out pic, so a tach rev up pic will have to do.
Also, look at the sweet truck tool box I got...basicly for free...traded a couple gas powered R/C cars that were given to me. This sucker is awsome.
Wasn't someone saying something about carma chamilion? Red gold and green?
Attached Images

Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote