The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2002, 10:12 PM   #1
fine69

Windshield install, do it yourself

Hey all. I have been putting off installing a windshield in my 1970 Chevy panel truck. I cleaned up the frame, POR-15'd it, and still put it off for 2 weeks. I was waiting for one of my buddies to offer to help me do it. But that didnt happen.
So i put it in BY MYSELF. Deluxe trim too. Last time tried it i broke a glass. Good thing it wasnt a new one. But tonight i put in a new glass,new seal, and the trim.
No soap, did it dry. It took me 2 hours to install the seal,install the trim and put the glass in. I had not done the trim before.
I bought the windshield at a swap meet a couple years ago. Tinted and shaded at the top.
I will get pics tommorrow. For anyone who thinks they cant do it think again. It wasnt too bad. But if you have any rings on your fingers take them OFF!!!!!! You have to do plenty of slappin' on the glass to get the seal to set properly. And i dont think you want to crack the glass with a ring. Also get some quality nylon string. Worked great.
Now on to building my custom dash. I will get some pics of it too. Just wanted pat myself on the back for gettin' my glass in. Thanks for reading my rantings.

Board member #6

fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote