The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2004, 02:40 AM   #1
71PlainPete

71 Stepside PLAINJANE: Newbie pricecheck

Hi all, I'm looking to buy a 71 C-10 stepside I found locally that the salesman wants about $3800. I need to know what it's worth, and you can skip the rest of the long post below if you don't want the details. It's actually in pretty good condition as far as I can tell with very little rust underneath, and it was repainted the same original color (light blue) but doesn't seem to have any rust or bondo on the fenders. It has a V-8 that I believe is a 350, with a 2-barrel carb. 4-wheel manual drums, AM radio, and nothing else. There is an aftermarket Cassette player mounted under the dash, and the 3-speed on the column has been converted top 3 on the floor. The bed wood is getting rough, but the metal looks like a sanding and painting will fix it right up. Only one prolbem... it has trouble shifting into 3rd gear, but I believe it's a linkage problem. It can be started in second gear, and then it will shift into third with little problem. Go figure.

So basically I have a very original looking and very plain 3-speed 71 C10 stepside. Is $3800 outrageous? I'd like to get the truck for about $2000 because there has been nothing done to it. The scratches in the paint are rusting, the motor is dirty and the tires are worn with two hubcaps missing. Please help me with some advice about what this truck might be worth. I am currently restoring a 68 Chevelle, and I plan on driving this truck for the next couple of years while the Chevelle is restored, then maybe turning it over to my daughter after I've fixed it up enough to be reliable. Alternatively, I might decide to keep it and get her something else.

Thanks Pete
71PlainPete is offline   Reply With Quote