The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2004, 11:22 PM   #1
TugOwar

Question Your opinions please - gas pedal

Sup fellas, need your thoughts and expertise here.

Sadly, my 36 year old gas pedal saw better days long before I ever got hold of it. You know the type, bracket bolts to the floor board, has two knuckles on it that stick up, the gas pedal has two holes at the bottom that fit down on these knuckles.

Well the holes at the bottom of my gas pedal are mostly broken out. If I let my foot slide off the brake pedal to the gas it knocks the pedal off. If I don't pay close attention and let the floor mat slide over too far it'll knock the pedal off. Needless to say, this is a royal PITA. So I'm ready to fix it.

Best I can tell I have two options. Buy a new factory gas pedal from one of the board vendors. Or, go to the junk yard and get one of the later model, hanging type pedal assemblies and do whatever mods necessary to make the switch work.

I figure the simplest solution is to just get a new pedal and stick it in and be on my way. But is there anything to be gained by making the switch to the hanging type pedal?

I'm asking for your thoughts and opinions. What would you do?
TugOwar is offline   Reply With Quote