The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2005, 08:44 PM   #1
40oz.

an intro sorta, and some questions..

hey all, my names whit, i live in north alabama, i own a hot rod - street rod shop and i own a 70 panel that me and my pops worked out of for 20 years together, i had a 70 lemans that i traded for a telephone pole and 3 transformers, i put the 400 and 350 trans in to the panel so i could get to work quicker. about 4 years ago i started on her, i rebuilt the rad. support, lower front fenders added inner and outter rockers, a drivers floor pan and toe boards and 70 pick up doors. i also stuck a 72 5 lug disc set up under the front. then i put it beside the shop for about 3 years now ive sold my bmw 2002 and im back on the unforgiven for the long haul this time.

ive been a member here for a few years, but being as i havent done anything to my panel, ive just been lurking, and gathering ideas. now around here early subs and especially panels, are a rare breed, so it kind of sticks out, that and the fact that its real f@#$^@ ugly.

so today i started on the lower front quarters, made one side from 18G. flat stock, no problem. the rear quarters will be another story, i can make them but i had rather just replace them.and i was wondering, will the rear quarter of a long wheel based fleet side work as a patch for the panel?

and also, has any one done anything different with the barn doors?

i dont get a chance to work on any late model stuff . and i say late because all the stuff i do is EARLY stuff.

anyone know? thanks.

Last edited by 40oz.; 02-19-2005 at 08:48 PM.
40oz. is offline   Reply With Quote