The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2005, 04:02 PM   #21
chickenwing
Lovin' Life in Miss.!

Harbor Freight Tools

Model # 39955-vga Production Drill Press. Was a piece of junk! arbor was out of round .030". Took it back and the manager didnt even ask what was wrong with it. Bought a Craftsman and am happy with it.

Central pnumatic(sp?) Body Saw- I love it, works great. The foot could be a lil bit beefier though.

CP 1/2" impact- Working fine for me...

Model 39170-4vga Blast Cabinet- Does ok but leaks abrasive heavily at the seams. Plan on modifying it. Light was very weak. I cut a hole in top and mounted another lens and another higher wattage flouresent fixture.

Model 37151-7vga Horizontal/Verticle Metal Cutting band saw- I love this tool! Cuts very nice. Still, has some cons: Degree indicator on bed is useless. Tool is way too low to the ground for a 6'2" male to use. Plan on making a new stand. Blade guides do not have enough adjustment, particularly in the verticle mode. Their blades are not of the highest quality and you tend to go through them kinda fast. But they are cheap...

1/2" drive deep well socket set- I am kinda shy on the larger sockets in my Craftsman set. Bought this to cover the gaps. Have not busted any. Have not stripped any nuts with em either. So I am satisfied with em.

CP 43430-8VGA HVLP spray gun- Used this info for set up: http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sum...Pspraygun.html I am definately an amatuer at spraying paint. Still, It worked good for me.

Model 42040-3VGA Pick Rack- Love this thing! I got 2 of em and it really cleaned up my garage from all the nit-noid parts you just can't figure out where to put.

Model 32052-7VGA Vehicle dollies- Another 2 thumbs up! I use these things to turn my truck sideways in the garage. When I have a current project I leave the vehicle on em so I can move the car around to other areas of the garage easily. Con: Have steel wheels. If your floor is epoxy coated these WILL gouge the coating.

Model 46104-8VGA Air Hose Reel- I love it. Only has a 25' long hose but centrally mounted it reaches anywhere in my 3 car garage.

Model 3150-2VGA 4 1/2" grinder. I have 2 that I bought for $6 each at one of their sidewalk sales. Use 1 with a grinder wheel and 1 with a wire wheel. They are kinda week and the switches on them are not safe (IMO) but hey, SIX BUCKS!

I've got their air tool water seperator/oil injector and their straight water/seperator for paint. Would like higher quality units but just can't justify the price for what I do.
I use alot of their expendable supplies. #1 Are their rubber gloves. I try to keep the grease out from my fingernails. I use their 2" chip brushes for fiberglass and Por-15 work. I use their sand blast nozzles, their alluminum & plastic abbrasives, 4 1/2" grinding wheels, cut-off wheels and band-saw blades. The wheels and blades wear down quick, but they are cheap. THEIR SANDPAPER IS NOT WORTH BUYING.

Things I won't buy. Ratchets, any wrench 1" and below, 3/8" sockets (non-impact), screwdrivers, files, Ball joint press (I got one but bent it on my C-20, they did replace it on their <30 day warranty) any magnetic tool, and torque wrenches (just don't trust em).

Sure I have more of their junk.... just can't think of anything else. By and large, I love em. Just be cautious and really look at the tool. They will let you take it back the 1st 30 days with a reciept.