The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2005, 04:24 PM   #1
Zonaman

Unhappy Zonaman Augers One In!

I was taking the boat home from the lake last night on the infamous Highway 101 through Scottsdale (You Az guys know what I mean) when some clown slows to a near stop to rubber neck a fender bender. Next thing I know I'm fighting to keep the brakes from locking on 5,000 pounds of steel and fiberglass. Just didn't have the stopping distance. The choice was rear end someone or lock 'em up and try to control the skid. I managed to do a 180 almost coming to a rest in the left most emergency lane. But not before I creamed the right front corner, smashed the grill ,buckled the hood, and bent the trailer tongue. No one else hit. Looks repairable.

If anyone has advice to offer on what hidden damages to look for or seeing to it that the insurance company/body shop does it right, I'd be gateful.

Last edited by Zonaman; 11-05-2005 at 04:33 PM.
Zonaman is offline   Reply With Quote