The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2006, 04:01 PM   #30
cstanley

Re: cutting dash for stereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydean
I'm still looking to do a Mac Mini once the rest of my interior is done this summer. I'm not 100% on the location, but it's something I am looking to do next winter.

I am torn between leaving the dash stock and using a decoy deck, or cut it up and do a fresh install with all the trimmings. Guess I'll know when I get there, I'm a ways off at this point.
i'd also thought about something like that. i was thinking of building my carputer into a gutted original AM radio case, then using phidgets to control the computer functions with the original radio controls. i'd prolly place the monitor overhead, along with one in a custom gauge bezel (see my avatar) and maybe even a larger monitor in the glove box with a keyboard integrated into the glove box door. that's all still a long way off, but something i'd like to tinker with.

'72 Blazer Restoration Blog: http://sportchicken.blogspot.com/
cstanley is offline   Reply With Quote