The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2002, 02:53 PM   #1
mtdave2
newly minted old timer

Post ot. no help for an honest guy,

I have had a job sense I was 12, never have been unemployed sense then. Never have applied for any kind of government assistance. always worked hard, been responsible with my money (I have a 790 credit rating).

The last few months have really be tough for me in Texas, jobs just cant be found. My last job I was replaced due to lay off. So I thought I would qualify for unemployment. Turns out, I havent worked long enough for the non rail road industries to qualify for state unemployment.

I was told to file with the rail road unemployment sense I had worked for the rail road for 10 years (paying near 2 times the deductions of a civilian job). I put in paper work and they sent me more. I filled that out.. waited.

Finally I started getting $52 a day. Great I thought, this will work OK because I have a job with another rail road. it will take almost 2 months to start with them. (they have an unreal hiring process). So, I have the job, waiting for them to call. IM getting unemployment so I thought all would work great.

Last month I didn't get a check, so I called.. Turns out they are just now getting to my claim ?????? i told them, but I have been getting payments!?? they told me they were backed up so they just paid claims until they can review them! Can you believe that!?

They sent me yet another form on why I left my railroad job. I filled it out telling them I had a job with a friend in Texas, he was starting a biz and wanted my help. great opportunity anyway, I get here and that all falls thru.. not a good reason to the rail road unemployment.

so here i sit. an honest person with a job (start on the 1st) screwed. i havent been looking for a short term job because i would have lots benefits and who would hire someone that will only be there a month. so, rent and all the bills are due. no help. lol. what a great system we have, you have to be a dishonest lazy person to get anything.

I would think people in my position is the reason they made unemployment.. Am I wrong? all I needed was a bit of help to make it to my first paycheck! Anyone else feel like the world is never kind to the honest guy? sorry to rant, but geez!
mtdave2 is offline   Reply With Quote