The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2006, 11:02 PM   #1
TugOwar

First year 3/4 ton had disc brakes?

Just what the title asks.

I'm asking because my neighbor went junkyarding today and invited me along. I walked up to the one and only 67-72 GM truck on the place and started looking at what was left of it.

I got the wildsheild wiper motor and both AC ball vents out of it. Still had the AM radio, AC/heater controls, dash bezel and cluster minus the gas gauge, 12bolt rear with coils. Cab not too bad, rust in all the factory places.

Glass, light lenses, tailgate wasted. Hood, right fender and grill gone already.

Then I looked down at the front end and my jaw hit the ground. 8 lug spindles with disc brakes, calipers still in place. OMG what I'd give to put those puppies on my 68. But, par for the course, I'm broke until week after next.

So I'm asking, what would I need to make this swap, assuming I go back in two weeks and they're still there. Just a matter of swapping spindles or do I need A arms as well?

And what would you expect to pay for the items needed to make the swap?
TugOwar is offline   Reply With Quote