The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2006, 11:15 AM   #1
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Whos here?

This forum seems to be rather slow lately. I thought it might help to get things moving by seeing who comes here often.

Who are you and whats your Blazer look like?

I'll start with mine. My screen name is N2TRUX and my real name is Ken. I own an 82 C/K 2wd Blazer that I bought from the original owner 8 years ago. My intentions at the time were to restore it and add a few custom touches.

Of course it wasn't long before that idea went out the window and it turned in to a full blown, money sucking, ground up, build up. There was a time when I did all my own customizing. I could wrench, fab, weld and paint well enough to have turned out a car or two for myself and help my buddies work on their projects.

All that was before I had a business to run and a child to raise. Now I have both, and don't have the time to do what I once did. I'll have to admit when I do have the time I lack the motivation so I'm left with a couple of choices. I can either let projects sit and never get done, or pay someone else to do the work.

I chose the latter, but it's not all that easy finding a decent shop to do your work. They are always motivated to get started, but never seem to have the energy to finish the job. I went through a few of those before I found the right one. Before I get in to the present, let's take a look at the past.

Here's what I started with. It was a very well maintained 1982 Blazer. Unfortunately it had a 305 that had 200k on it, so it was rather tired and leaked...a lot!
Attached Images

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote