The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2002, 09:03 PM   #1
mikep
Used to have a truck

What did you do on your truck today?

This might be a fun daily thing. What did you do to your truck today? I'll admit I'm a bit obsessive and get in 2-8 hours every day. Since the trip to Monroe fell through I figured I'd get some stuff done.

I rebuilt my AC control lever box. Had a broken lever.

I also tore apart my AC box. Its a mess. Did an inventory of what needs fixing and what needs replacing. Replaced my heater motor resistor with one from the junkyard. Hi speed still didnt work so I removed the heater resistor entirely and jumpered the connection. If I cant have it all at least I'll have Hi speed for now until I can figure out whats the deal with that thing.

went to the junkyard for my semi weekly search. picked up a turn signal body. Good thing they rarely charge me for stuff. It didnt make my running light work. spent am hour tracking the problem down after I installed the turn signal base and found a loose wire coming out of the block that plugs into the cowl. stripped the end, slathered it with crazy glue and shoved it in the hole. works like a champ . Plus I figured out the turn signal/side marker out of sequence thing. Looks cool that way.

They had a couple of new arrivals at the junkyard . One was a 3/4 ton 68 stepside longbed that was lowered and pimped out with the semi style exhaust stacks. Yuck! Had a good turn signal base though.

And I pulled an axle to repair a leaking end seal gasket . Probably caused from when I removed the carrier to replace it with a locker unit and reused the flange gaskets. Made it right.