The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2006, 10:04 PM   #1
blessthess

Hot off the Grille need your vote

Hey fellow owners well I'm back from cali and I bought back some parts from the golden state to finish my project blazer for the wife. I am building a custom 2wd and I have been playing with a couple of Ideas for the grille and here is one of them. Its not final whether to use this one or not but I want to get some of your votes. I decided to make a open grille out of a 67-68 grille and use a insert out of a 72 (I know some of you 67-68 purist are cringing since they dont reproduce these grilles anymore). I cut out the center section and used the center to graft the missing section to make the grille square. I know some people might say "why didnt you just use a 72 grille" And I would say that the hood is what makes the 67-68 look the best. So what do you think? I have a few more unique suprises for the front end so let me know. I plan on cutting the trim in sections to give the lip a chrome finish. But I was thinking about not having the trim and just filling the lip and making it solid.
Attached Images