The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2006, 07:49 PM   #1
LuckyLightning

2 issues with my 2000 Silverado...

I tried searching the forums for answers on these 2 issues but found nothing. So forgive me if the answers are already here - I just couldn't find them.

Issue 1: my tailgate won't open. It's stuck in the closed position. The handle will lift, and I can feel and hear the usual unlatching sound, but the tailgate won't budge. I took the handle off but couldn't spot anything on the inside that would indicate something is broken.

Issue 2: my gas pedal sticks at the initiation of acceleration. It's most noticeable in the mornings after the truck sits over night, but it's still pretty sticky throughout the drive. I found a few web pages on the internet that addresses this issue:

http://www.alldata.com/techtips/2002/20020920c.html

and

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...=1006052221824

While they both address gum/gunk in the throttle body, only one mentions keeping the truck running while cleaning it out (with a rag, it seems is the popular "tool" of choice). The first also says to use WD-40 while the second link says to use injector cleaner.

Is there a difference between the lubricant/cleaner for effectiveness? How difficult is this to do for someone who is "mildly" mechanically inclined? I know nuts and bolts and changing my oil, but when it comes to carburetors or fuel injectors, I get a little panicky.

Incedentally, I couldn't find anything on the internet addressing my issue with the stuck tailgate, but I found tons on the cable recall.

Any advice would help. Thanks!
- 1963 Chevy C10 LB Custom flatbed (project thread) - sold
- 1979 K20 LB fleetside (project thread)

Favorite exchange on the board so far:
ol_Curt: "Jason, do you have power steering?"
jason65: "No, but I lift weights."
LuckyLightning is offline   Reply With Quote