The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2006, 10:25 PM   #1
Jimbotronics
YA YA

If you were the owner... what would you do?

Seller FatRodder on eBay sells ton's of automotive parts. I found a set of headers that I like that were clearly listed for 67-72 chevy trucks with a 350. This was in the beginning of the rebuild and the engine was out. SO to be certain I called the company personally to question their fit and place the order. I had the new headers in no time, and was really impressed with them but had no way of test fitting them and frankly never thought much of it. 5 months go by and this weekend I get the engine back in. Drag out the headers still perfectly boxed and bubble wrapped from Fatrodder's. They don't even come close to fitting, having them heated and bent is out of the question because they are ceramic coated. So I call up Fatrodder's, explain the situation, and that I don't want my money back just the right header's and that I'd even pay shipping in both directions. NOPE you got 'em live with 'em. I can put them on eBay with hopes to get a lil return back but that's difficult because I don't know what to list them as fitting. I suggested I ship them to them at my expense and if they didn't feel they were still brandnew they could ship them back to me at my expense with all deals off. Needless to say - they have alot of stuff that I'd like to buy but you can bet that AINT happening. Bad part is out of frustration I did alot of arguing and made it clear I wasn't happy, and that's just not me

'72 SWB - 350 (frame-off resto in progress - donations accepted)

'04 Chevy Avalanche

'03 Cadillac CTS (wife's ride)

Restoration progress - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=335707
Jimbotronics is offline   Reply With Quote