The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2006, 02:22 AM   #1
ducmons

72 GMC Project 3/4 Ton 4x4

Well, the work started tonight.

I have a 72 GMC Sierra Grande 2500 4x4. I'm doing a few things to it to make it a better tow rig.

Tonight we took out the guages, dash, vents, radio, heater core and grill, wiring. It's all in excellent condition and works just fine. All this stuff will soon be for sale once I figure out how much its worth

We'll be installing a vintage air a/c system, digital guages, new dash, seats, liners, electic windows & locks, replacing the 350 with a 383 strokers for towing (the 350 will end up in the Jeep), fuel cell, and probably a few other things that will come about by the project. I didn't take pics tonight. We're doing the work at a friends house and it takes me 1hr 15min drive each way (58mins on the SBK). We're hoping to have the truck done in 2 or 3 weeks. We shall see. I try to post some pics once I figure out how to post them. Wish me luck, and I may be back to ask some questions.

Last edited by ducmons; 10-15-2006 at 01:51 AM.
ducmons is offline   Reply With Quote