The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2006, 11:11 PM   #1
BIG CTY
Between the earth and the sky

LOOK! I'm a NEWBIE! How about a BIG welcome?!

My name is Chris (CTY are my intials, and I'm 6'5" 265 hence the "BIG") and I am a car addict. I need a 12 step program. I have no room at all for all the cars I have, but I can't pass up good deals! I have no wife (I do have a girlfriend of three years that I love very much) which is why I do and buy what I want when I want. Oh yeah, all my kids are on wheels

I can not begin to tell you how happy I am that I FINALLY found a message board for my rusty but trusty 1966 c10 Stepside. I got the truck a little over a month ago. I had been wanting yet ANOTHER toy (more on my toys later!) and along came this truck. It's a 3 speed (converted to floor shift) straight 6. The original motor, which is just fine, came with the sale of the truck - along with a tranny, LOTS of spare parts, and the original wheels (which have less than 24 hours left on the Bay). The motor that is in there now is from a 72 Nova. It runs GREAT, but she is SO rusty it's ridiculous. The previous owner had it for 9 years and didnt put 2000 miles on it OR cover it up . But he's a cool guy. I got it for south of a grand which I thought was pretty good. I've been tinkering with it here and there, but everytime I do one thing I mess something else up! More on that later too...well I guess , so here goes:

When I got it:

Now:

The wheels (IMO) make the truck look MUCH better. Shes a 50 footer, or a 15 footer at night! Now about my toys...you probably havent quite gotten to my sig yet, but as previously stated - I need a 12 step program. Here is the stable:

1969 Chevy Impala:

1970 Monte Carlo:

..and the rest of the stable:

I love pulling up to a Civic/Neon/Uncle Ben'smobile in my daily driver plain old regular no frills Taurus

I am a member of several other boards dealing with cars, including being a moderator in training on a BMW message board. I have LOTS of questions and need plenty of help! (WTF is up with my gas gauge?!? I put in a brand new used bench seat and now it doesnt work!) I'll be posting on the correct board for all of that though. Anyway, welcome to me! I look forward to searching the archives and bugging the he!! out of you with questions!
1976 Dodge Tradesman B200
2002 Nissan Maxima 6 speed
2004 Mercedes Benz CL500
BIG CTY is offline   Reply With Quote