The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2007, 07:30 PM   #10
JUSBLAZ

Re: Project "BLACKOUT"

After we had it blasted it went back to the painter where it was etched and epoxy primed. Once that was finished I took it home to install the lift kit, which I purchased from a local truck shop trying to give the local guy my business. (SPORT TRUCK) This ended up being nothing but a headache. When I ordered this kit I asked for all new hardware so I would not have to deal with weak rusty bolts. But once I started on the install I found that they had given me the wrong U bolts. They told me that my truck was not standard and I would have to buy the correct ones. That didn’t set well with me, because I told them the exact set up I needed. After I had the back ones installed I started on the front, and they seemed a little tight. I called them to find out if these were the right ones, and they told me they were. So I called Skyjacker and gave them the numbers, and was told they were for a blazer in the eighties. Now I’m pissed cause I have to swap them and during that time they moved more than hour away. Needless to say I will never use them anymore.

These pictures are from the first install.
Attached Images

JUSBLAZ is offline   Reply With Quote