The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2007, 12:31 PM   #1
68GMC454
THE VILLIAGE IDIOT

is there a differance between chevy and gmc beds

last week i had some guy come over and look at my 68..i told him about tit haveuing a chevy tailgate..but i had noticed when i bought the truck last yr somebody had filled in the holes where some trim had been at..how could i notice,,used bondo, and did a bad job smoothing it out..then painted it white...anyway..lookking at it closer, i think the whole bed is from a chevy truck..because the cab and front fenders have no trim hole...and since the inside cab paint and under the hood paint is the same color, i figure they are the original truck..now wether it has been wrecked or just rusted otu i dont know,,i wil have to go look at the frame today...but i think its just a bed swap..the lkeast they could have done was put in good wood for the floor..im through trying to sell the truck, so i need to know if i need to swap the bed out to a gmc one, or just the tail gate...thanks for any info
billy