The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2007, 11:18 PM   #1
Rogue Willie

‘69 LS1 C-10 Pace Truck build

Why a pace truck? Because I’m going to paint it like a ‘69 Pace car Camaro, but that is a long ways off. I originally got this truck around ’90 or ’91 for $1500. By ’97 I had put nearly 100k on it and used (abused) it well. During that time the original 350 had blown and I put a junkyard 305 in it. In late ’97 I was told I was getting a divorce and the ex ended up with the truck. About 3 ½ years ago she gave it back to me after it had sat around for awhile because it wouldn’t run. I got it to run and got it moved to my backyard where it had been sitting ever since. I finally got to the point where I had the finances (no wives, no child support, and no car payments) to rebuild my truck.
You can see by the pictures the progress to date. It’s got a 3 ½ drop in the front with a 4 in the back. I may drop the rear some more after I get the body back on and see how it sets. The motor and trans is out of a ’02 Camaro that had 40k on it. The rear has been rebuilt with 3:73s, an Eaton posi and a 5 lug conversion. Future plans include aftermarket A/C, one piece windows (somebody please tell us how the no triangle thing is going), bench seat out of a late model truck, Gaylord fiberglass tonneau cover, stock bumpers, cruise control, and white paint with orange rally stripes.
I started 6 months ago and have a long way to go. Stay tuned for future updates. I’ve been following the other LS1 builds and will probably be asking you guys question. On the other hand, if any one has questions please ask. I’ll post this over at LS1Tech as well.
Attached Images