The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2007, 01:33 PM   #1
BigSky71
LAIDOUT

Restortation Complete - 67 Shorty 2wd

Well it is time for new pictures... Truck is assembled except for a few details. It drives, burns fuel, and goes up and down. Took my '71 Cheyenne LWB apart in Feb 05, worked on it during the winters in 05, 06, then about Feb 07 I started burning the midnight oil to get it done for driving this summer. My dad is coming back to Montana for a visit in August and since he bought me the truck back in 92, I wanted to share it with him in its rebuilt condition.

Like many I swapped to an early front clip, also I put in a Ford 9" rearend so I could run less backspace and tubbed the rear wheelwells 5.5". I used ART air ride with the BigRed valves and 3/8" line. 2.5 Drop spindles in the front, stock A arms, C-notch in the rear.

Did all the painting in my garage, huge mess in an attached garage, but my wife is a very understanding lady, bless her heart. In the obsessive drive to get it done I have lost 20 lbs, and emptied my bank account, but you can't put a price on fun, right?

I could not have done this truck without the help of this forum; so many hurdles and questions but the answers were here every time .
Attached Images