The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2007, 06:07 AM   #11
JVictor75
Maintenance Man

Re: How did you find your Truck -and-Why did you buy your truck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavenner13 View Post
i found the truck on ebay... listen to the sound clip in my signature if you wanna know why i bought it

LOL!!!

My '71 LWB C10 had (up until very recently) Texas tag # 7DJ N84, only a few removed from yours! Thats funny as hell.

Haven't completely registered it in Arizona yet, but I'll keep my Texas plates for now. Especially since the only road time that beast will see for a little while is getting towed out to Luke AFB so I can use the Auto Hobby shop on base.

Thats awesome!

I actually own two of these guys, and have had a third in the past.

1968 Cali limited edition LWB CST. The truck I was brought home from the hospital in when I was born in 1975. Buddy buckets, console, 78" Laker pipes with shields, Earl Sheib Ochre paintjob (old man himself had been wielding the spraygun), 11" Deep dish chrome reverse cragars with Baby moons and L60's, curb feelers, matched black vinyl rooftopper and tonneau cover. 307 4b with a three speed and no power anything and no A/C.

When I was very young and couldn't sleep, my mom and dad would put me in my carseat (strapped to the top of the console, mind you, lol) and drive me around the block until I went to sleep. Did I mention that this was my Mom's truck?

Loved my Mom's truck then (Dad had a Gremlin station wagon), love it now, especially since it's mine. I call it Spot, because in High School when I got the truck from my grandmother (long story) the Early Scheib paint job would come off with a pressure washer and leave exposed metal. To cover the exposed metal I'd hit it with whatever rattlecan primer I had handy so it had spots all over. My friends would make fun of the fact that it was constantly needing some kind of work done where the truck would be out of commission
for the weekend and I'd get "See Spot run, See Spot Die, See James spend money, See Spot Run, See Spot Die" jokes.

I had (very briefly) a 1967 LWB 3/4 4x4 with power brakes and steering, A/C, Dana 44 front and Dana 60 rear, NP 205 transfer case and that top loading, granny geared Muncie 4 speed. The truck had a 3 inch suspension lift with 33" Super Swamper TSLs on plain old chrome 16.5" steele wheels (not factory but not worth remembering, either). It had a pristine body on it. No Bondo, little if any rust that I can remember. It needed brakes and a stepstool so my short ass could get up into it, but other than that it looked good and ran real good. I had that truck for exactly a month when I had to go to 29 Palms for two months while in the Marine Corps. When I came back the asshole PMO guys on Pendleton had towed it away as it had outdated registration and was parked in barracks parking. It had outdated registration because I didn't want to register that monster in Southern California and had sent my paperwork to Texas and was waiting on it when I got sent to 29 palms. When I showed the PMO (THE Provost Marshal, not one of his lackeys) my paperwork he at least attempted to find my truck but the paperwork had mysteriously gotten lost somewhere between the base and the wrecking yard. I'd see it around town occasionally in Oceanside for the next three years before I got out but could never catch the Marine that was driving it.

Which brings me to the 71. Bought it with the check that I eventually wrangled out of base legal from a Buddy of mine. The truck is nothing special, just a plain old orange and white LWB C10 power brakes and steering, no A/C. After market el cheapo CD player and a slightly warmed over 350/350 powertrain.

Love these trucks and plan on continuing the hobby until they put me in the ground (or I can't afford parts anymore, whichever comes first).

Last edited by JVictor75; 08-12-2007 at 06:35 AM.
JVictor75 is offline   Reply With Quote