The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2007, 02:10 AM   #1
ibyourhucklebery

Your not gonna believe I found it! 1 YEAR LATER!!

This was my original post approx a year ago....

OK...check this out. I posted earlier this week about buying an old truck like I had, for finding insurance. Well....About 21 years ago. My neighbor behind my grandfathers house had a '70 chevy LWB he had bought new. 10 years later the engine blew. It sat for about 5 years in his backyard! Well, my grandfather and dad bought the truck and the 3 of us put a 305 in it ( I was only 6) . They were both mechanics. My grandfather kept the truck for about 12 years never really messing with it. I got to drive the truck for about 6 months then I blew a piston ( I think). My father sold the truck to a collector friend of his for $500!!!!!! Well I have missed that truck so much, and since then my grandfather unfortunately passed away (he loved that truck). 2 days ago before going to buy another truck, I made a shot in the dark and starting trying to find the gentleman my dad sold the truck to. I got a hold of him. Well........He repaired the engine and drove it for about 3 months, then it cracked a head. He, having 5 other trucks, simply put the truck in storage......9 years ago. I asked if he still had it. He said yes!!! I asked him if it was for sale and he said NO. Well after a second he said, "well wait a minute , I remember telling your dad if you or him wanted it back I would sell it back". So guess what..tomarrow I am going to pick it up!!! How much you say...He said " I bought it for $500, so I'll sell it to you for $500. Now me and my father are going to rebuild it ourselves, the way I want it. Sorry for such a long story..but it truely is amazing. I'll get pics up soon if anyone is interested. Again, I just had to tell others of this experience.

Well if I can post em here are some pics, I'll start from the beginning

""

""

""

""

Coastie by choice
ibyourhucklebery is offline   Reply With Quote