The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2007, 09:35 AM   #1
67mater

New to the Board and the trucks

Hello,

My brother bought the below 1967 K20 (don't let the emblems fool you) exactly as you see it here about a year ago. It was originally part of the State of Illinois' highway fleet, and most recently a battered private plow truck. I had always wanted this year of truck and waited until my brother got tied up in other things and made it mine about two months ago.

I was thrown headfirst into head scratching as this is my first old project, AND I got a pile of transfer case and clutch parts (sucks not being the one to see it come apart). I did my research and took my time and just a few weeks ago got the truck usable. So far I've rebuilt the T221 (anybody have a spare shifter?? I wanna do twin sticks), new clutch and pressure plate, fixed the clutch linkage, a lot of rewiring which this forumed helped me on, and the little things as I use this truck to haul and move things. It has power nothing and the gearing is so low between the T221 and the SM 420 that granny gear tops out about 1 mph! I love driving this thing!

ALthough it came with a plow it'll sit out this winter (the floor is a couple of bakign sheets and mud flaps riveted in; I hate you texas guys). When I bought the truck it came with a 1972 GMC (which I prefer the grille) 3/4 ton 2 wheel drive that had the frame cut behind the cab (also found an SM 465 in there!!!). I took that apart early this summer and first of spring the chevy body comes off and the GMC (with a new wiring harness) goes on.

Sorry Mater's not as shiny or polished as some of the rest of these trucks, but he's got character and he's a work truck (KISS methodlogy).
Attached Images

67mater is offline   Reply With Quote