The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2007, 12:02 AM   #1
speedypalomino

new member, old K/5

hello to everyone, Thought I might finally stand up and be noticed,, been lurking and reading for almost a year now,, I have a sorted history with my 71 K/5, it sat behind the barn while I served in the Marine corps in the mid 80's to early 90's, durring that time someone stole the seats,, I tinkered with it replacing the rot in the tub only to sell it to a friend who did some suspension work then let it sit for 7 years in his garage. after a little trade with his wife, I now have it back, and am getting ready to pick up where I left off,, I have read the posts on the repop sheet metal,, and don't want to fight with trying to tweak and fit poor quality panels,,, so expect me to ask before I buy!! doors, fenders, inner fenders, and rad support are where I'm starting. I see some of the board members have access to these parts,, I will be in contact!!! any outfitters I should steer clear of though??? I have heard LMC is on the cheap flimsy side, and I can understand that,, II have dealt with one of their other companies dealing in my British car....

thanks for the help!!!

Bear :O)