The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2007, 03:03 PM   #1
rstewart09

67 for me too

I always wanted a 67 - 72 chevy short bed, 1/2 ton, V8. So I went out and bought a GMC 3/4 ton, long bed, 6 cyl. I know some wont like it but I just love the 67 - 68 chevy grill and since my GMC was not in very good condition I found a 67 chevy grill. I bought a chevy van to get the 350 and 700r transmission. I'm still not sure about the 1/2 ton short bed yet, but the 3/4 ton long bed is growing on me so I bought some wheels and tires for it and will run that way for a while. If I find a good frame and running gears for a short bed 1/2 ton I may still go that way at a later date. Just swap motor and body. Either find a good bed or shorten mine. Right now all I need to be on the road is exhaust built. The body is pretty good, all I replaced so far is the rockers and sanded and spray bombed the roof because it had a lot of surface rust. The cup on the right fender under the battery is gone and will need to patch or replace the whole fender. Future plans call for new paint but let the funds build up a little to keep the wife happy for now. I know you all like pics
when I bought it

some now

notice chevy grill and GMC tailgate

wheels

engine bay