The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2008, 05:40 AM   #1
BurnoutNova

project: 67 LWB on the ultra-cheap

Now that the weather is getting nicer, i'm planning to start working on my 67 more often, so i guess I'll start a build thread. I dont plan on putting much money into this thing, mostly becasue I dont have much money and I'm still not finished with my K10, or my Nova (which I'll never finish anyway) I plan to use mostly leftover parts, or very cheap junkyard/ swapmeet/ used stuff.

So far all I've done to it is rebuild the rear end ( it had the spider gears welded up ) so that should be in good shape for quite a while. I used all new bearings and used the original ring and pinion, with a used open carrier setup. MUCH smoother to drive now. The rear brakes were all worn out, and the springs and hardware were taos and litterally fell apart when i took the drums off so i replaced all that stuff to. I almost forgot, it had a couple broken wheel studs so i replaced all the rear wheel studs and lug nuts. I also am putting some stock steel wheels back on it. I like the look of the slots it has now, but I just happen to have some stock steelies that are the exact same blue color, so Im goona put them on for a while.

heres the original thread i started when i was thinking of buying this truck http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=280300 I am gonna replace the waterpump with a stock short style one tomorow, and put all the factory style pulleys and brackets on. At the same time I'll put in a stock 4-core radiator that came from my big block cheyenne, and go thru and put on a new set of plug wires, plugs, dist cap and rotor.

heres a list of my near future plans:

-Fix the stock hacked up dash with an original color matched dash panel that I'm getting from Randy (Teeitup) and put a van AM/FM in
-Maybe? Put my 73 Blazer bucket seats and console in (if they dont sell on the parts board)
-Repaint the bumpers white, or maybe replace them with diffrent bumpers if i can find some cheap ones
-Put my manual throttle setup on and replace the dash bezel with a real nice original one
-Find a better drivers bedside, this one is toast
-Put the stock steel wheels and tires on, with 69 style hubcaps
-Maybe put my real nice rust free '70 clip in it, its alot better than the original, and rust free but I really like the 67 styling... any input on this one?
BurnoutNova is offline   Reply With Quote