The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2008, 02:44 AM   #1
Phoenix_400

How to get into the 13's

Hey guys, I've got a 69 c10 I'm tearing down for a complete rebuild. The goal is a good daily driver/ work truck with a little go to it. Don't really want much on this truck that I can't get from a junk yard, Advance, Summit. Wondering how much power it would take to hit 13's. Heck I'd be happy with a 13.99. Just want to jerk with some of my ricer buddies

Current build plan:

4 bolt main 350 out of 79 Suburban.
882 heads milled .025, larger valves, 3 angle valve job, casting flash cleaned up in ports.
Edelbrock Performer intake.
Holley 570 street avenger.
Looking at the Lunati voodoo 262 cam, supposed to be better than XE262.
1 5/8th headers with 2 1/2 in exhaust and x-pipe.
2004r out of a 85 Buick Regal T-Type(grand national), shift kit, maybe a converter.
B&M megashifter
3.73 posi rear end.

Body of the truck will be mostly stock. Rear mount gas tank. ECE 2/4 premium drop kit. Late model bucket seats(still gotta hit the junkyards for that). 73-up Front disc brakes(maybe just get a whole front crossmember and suspension...and the rear end to match...dunno yet, see what I can find at the junk yards). Aluminum radiator and a vintage air A/C (only fancy part I'm plannin on puttin in) to clean up under the hood.

I've got it stripped down to cab and frame now and I'm open to suggestions. On a budget though and lucky if I get this thing back on the road within the next year. Any power suggestions without completely destroying fuel economy (using that term loosely) would be greatly appreciated.
69 C10 - The Lost Sheep
Phoenix_400 is offline   Reply With Quote