The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2008, 02:20 PM   #1
ortegamotor

check this out!!!!!!!

so i was at the local car show here in town that they host every second Friday of the month. you know there is always a bunch of cars and trucks to check out. well i walked up on this 72 gmc short bed it looked alright, except for the two exhaust stacks coming straight up out of the bed and the weird double fuel cell in the bed. so as i got closer i looked inside and noticed it had tweed interior and weird looking gauges.so at this point i am thinking to my self this truck is kind of lame.... then i over hear the guy who owned the truck talking to this cop about the motor.at that point i heard him say that he had just installed a turbine engine in it and that it was his first time driving it on the street.so i went up to the guy and asked if i could see it. to my surprise , he was able to stuff a helicopter turbine in to this truck .here are some picture and i also have video of him parking it.he also informed me that he drove in From Meadow Vista which is about 10 miles from Auburn and that he had put in around $100 dollars worth of kerosene and that he was already halfway through it. so it looked like he had about a 20 mile ride in a turbine powered truck for $100.00 that night.
Attached Images

ortegamotor is offline   Reply With Quote