The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2008, 01:00 AM   #1
bad6772
Official Site Guitar Shredder

Herbert

This will be a very slow slow build....I got to get sweet pea done first.... And to be honest with my new born baby...It could be a year or so till i really tear into it..and do yet another Frame Off...I just figured i would start some where....

Today for the most part, I just wanted to get in the shop and look it over really good.....I really have not messed with it at or even really looked at it until today..... The deal that i did......I just wanted to get it on the trailer and out of the guys driveway before he changed his mine.....But after closer inspections to day i think i should have RUN........lol.....Anyways after about an hour on the charger, she fired right up.loud as hell to....Header gaskets are gone on both sides, with just straight pipe to cherry bombs......lol..( nice ) lol....To say the gas is old is a understatement....It does pull under its own power but i tell ya it has to have at least a 3000 stahl in it....I took it down the road and it was a wild ride.....Anyways got him in the garage and found some interesting things. To the say the previous owner was a hack is giving him credit....I have never seen things so cobbled together before....I will let the pictures do the talking....lol..........Anyways my plans are to basically keep the drive train, eng,trans and rear end (its a posi) of what ratio i have no idea....Keep the dog house, the frame rear suspension and what ever else i can salvage..I have alot of left over parts from Sweet Pea and another truck so i already have everything to go five lug and go disc up front...The cab is in need of desperate repair....And after doing sweet pea. (which was in way better shape)...The thought of doing it all over again, is not to pleasing so i am going to look for a nicer (big back window) cab....And build out from there...it is going to be a step side for certain.....I am not a short bed guy by any means...But my first truck was a 67step side...So i always wanted another one....But i want to have this one tubbed with some meats under it.....Stock exterior ,nothing shaved or smoothed. But we will see how that goes.....Anyways enough of this chapter, Here are some pics....Name:  Herbert 67 driver.JPG
Views: 635
Size:  89.0 KB

Name:  Herbert 67 pass.JPG
Views: 636
Size:  75.8 KB

Name:  Herbert Rear 2.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  91.3 KB

Name:  Herbert Rear.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  93.4 KB

Name:  wow lil Rusty.JPG