The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2008, 12:15 PM   #10
glimmertwin01

Re: You Chose a Blazer/Jimmy - WHY?

NICE
I always wanted one ever since I first remember seeing one..the bug hit me in the 70s when i was a wee Lad... there were 2 in my town a blue 71 and a dark green 72.. closest I could get to owning one was a AMT Boondocker model I did exactly like the blue one...

any how fast forward 30 yrs... I bought a 67 K20 and well its going no where, I always loved the body style. I am single and NO kids... (arent you all jeaolus?) and ever since I saw the first ones back in the day I always wanted one. I had a toss up going..I always thought this vintage truck as a panel 4x4 would be unique, but after getting the 67 and it just began to be a pain to find some stuff for and the cab was solid but rumpled bad.... I live in WNY in the rust belt... Old 69-72 K/5 are almost non existent.

In august I was browsing Craigslist for a parts donor and stubled into the 70 k/5 i called the dude since i figured it had to be junk.... and he might be wiling to drop in price to get it out of his dad s property.... I was just looking for parts.
I went and saw it OK i do live in the rot capital of the world but this thing was solid..... typical Blazer rot and no rocker boxes (they were torched off at some point). the original motor was not there but it had been converted from a 307 3 on the tree to a 350 2v with a rebuilt turbo 350 with a NP208.....

Long and short I bought it anyways... ive been taking it apart and the guy who owned it before the PO really had the right idea fixing stuff on it but i dont think he had the funds or the resto panels werent available... Im trying to put it back the way its supposed to be, except I am going to put in a nice 350 4v 4 bolt i acquired from a 72 c30. and im going for the SM 465 NP 205.... since this will be my first "im doing as much as I can by myself" project . I am going to shootit "hide all" white. I have a nice hard top but most likely it will not go back on it... after seeing the old school half tops I WANT ONE!!!! anyhow here is a picture of the green manalishi.... wish me luck and a small but bottomless bank account
Oh I forgot how cool they are a REAL truck made of real steel and a convertible!
Now i have to figure out how to insert a picture form my lap top
74 K/5
74 K20 Custom Deluxe
86 K10 Shorty
92 K2500 Burb
95 K2500 GMC

Life is what you make it Live each day like it was your last
Old GM Trucks never go out of style
glimmertwin01 is offline   Reply With Quote