The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2008, 08:44 AM   #1
see ten
WTB this ad

Belated Sat pics (11-29) Turkey Run!!!

I know I know!! I'm running late! Our hotel had wireless issues and I didn't have internet again til Sunday. I figured I'd just wait it out and post em up once I got home and back on the desktop.

So, yes, We broke out the C10 for the 500+ mile trip (each way) to Daytona for the Turkey Run. If you've never been, you should go! There's thousands of cars everywhere you look, and more parts and vendors than time will allow you to see.

On the trip down we kept smelling a foul odor. It would come and go and we really smelt it when we would stop for gas. I kept thinking "what stinks so damn bad in south Georgia and Florida?" We made it to our hotel and when we came back out after checking in the truck wouldn't crank. Turns out the voltage regulater on the altrernator had went bad and had overcharged and fried the battery. Fortunatly I had a toolbox to pull the parts and a buddy that was right down the road to pick me up for that ride to the parts store. The alternator had a lifetime warranty and the battery was pro-rated so I got out for less than $40.

Anyway...on to the pics!!!

Christy shot these of a trailer we were behind on I-75.

Every time we saw a 54 Christy was a bit bummed that hers had to stay home.

see ten is offline   Reply With Quote