The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2003, 02:54 AM   #1
Hotrod70C10
Low & Slow

Angry Hassled by the police..........

Here's the story, I was just driving home from a friends house. I as going 35 mph by my speedo on a 30 mph street. I police car turned around and pulled me over. I knew I was going 5 over so I was waiting for my ticket. A woman police officer walks up and tells me to give my license and insurance verification over. I do so and soon after she tells me that my truck doesn't sound like it has emisions equipment on it. She kneels down and checks with her flashlight and oh what do you know no catalitic converters. She then stands up and says " You do realize that you do not have proper emmisions equipment on your vehicle. " In return I reply by the way in a normal tone of voice and not being sarcastic " Yes but you do realize that this is a 1970 truck and it is not required to have catalitic converters. " Well...that set her off apparently. She tells me "I'll be right back!" in a sarcastic type of voice. About 10 minutes later I recieve a ticket for going 41 in a 30. I don't know about anywhere else in the country but over 10 mph goes on your insurance record. So...I guess I got an extra 6 mph boost in speed b/c of the whole emmisions equipment deal. Nothing against female police officers but..... I don't know I just think it's rediculous.