The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2009, 11:20 PM   #1
ll____b0t____ll

(Project Morgan) 1972 1/2ton ShortStep

Hi everyone Ive been lurking around thse forums for a while and I figured it was time to join.
I noticed this is a tight knit group of good folks who are both helpful and some very skilled craftsman and I feel honered to be in the company of you all .
I hope I can be of help to others here and please feel free to send me advice as I know you all have been down the road im looking at.

[IMG][/IMG]
Well this is how I got her a side from the $30.00 Wally World rattle can primer job I had to put on her to keep the Landlord off my back... something about blue/brown/rust colored trucks they dont like I guess.

I was originally calling it project Time Machine as thats just what it is for me as my very first vehicle was a 1969 cst long box and I wanted to go back to the enjoyment I had with it.
But the wife dubbed it Morgan as it repeatedly needed More money and broke down Again and again
More -Again =Morgan
And who am I to disagree with my wife, A happy wife equals a good life.

She was Purchased brand new back in 1972 by a Farmer and must have made one heck of a farm truck because that same farmer was who I purchased her from.
She had been abused real bad but the guy said the streaght 6 burnt only one quart every other fuel up and said I could have her for $600.00.
Desperate to find any of these trucks in my erea I paid the man .

Last edited by ll____b0t____ll; 01-01-2009 at 11:29 PM.
ll____b0t____ll is offline   Reply With Quote