The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2009, 09:03 AM   #26
Gray Ghost

Re: New 'lifetime warranty' starter from O'reilly is junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookykrispy View Post
Well, now this is very strange. The wife gave me a ride and I got down there, hopped in and it started right up... ??? so WTF? I guess this is an intermittant problem. Could it have something to do with heatsoak? After getting it home, I started it several times again, with no problems. I will double check all the connections... maybe I should replace the main battery cable? Is there any merit to wiring in a ford style remote solonoid? I added one one my '67 GTO and it cured all my heatsoak starting problems.... but that car is high compression, has headers and a ministarter too. This truck is stock! Could it be still experiencing heat soak?

I still don't like this O'reilly starter. I want to do something to cure this so it does not happen again. I want this truck to be dead on reliable, and start every time no matter what.
Good luck with that. You are driving an old truck and using a $40 starter...life ain't gonna be perfect. Take it off the truck and back to OR's and get your cash back, then go somewhere else and get one. Chances are you'll get a better one and then you can come back here and tell us how wonderful their parts are.
Gray Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote