The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2003, 01:21 AM   #1
*MJF*
No longer truckless

What would you do?

Now don't tell my small 4WD club this, but I'm thinking about getting out of the 4X4 game. I'm finding that it's too expensive for me & you can never actually finish a 4X4. Mine's nowhere near finished & I've already changed my plans a million times.

Anyway, so I've got this 70 K5. I'm into it for alot of money. I traded a 73 K5 that I had about $6000 into & have since put more money into it & am having a full cage built that by the time I finish will probably cost me $1500. And if I had the money, I could easily dump another $2000 into suspension & a couple grand into drivetrain. See where this is going? Bottomless pit.

My wife wants me to sell it & give her teh noney to pay off some bills & she says we can save up to get me one of my dream cars. Now I'm smart enough to know if I sell it, I'm SOL until I hit the lotto, so I've been tossing around the idea of trying to work a trade.

My dream cars in order are:
67-69 camaro
corvette(but I'm really picky about which ones I like)
69-72 trucks
& a few chevelles

So without having any cash to make up the difference if I was to trade, what should I do:
1. Keep the K5 & quit whining
2. trade the k5 for a pos camaro, vette, or chevelle that has no engine, tranny, or interior(since that's all I could get in a straight across trade)
3. try to find a nice short bed 2wd 69-72 truck to make into a nice cruiser(a straight across trade should be doable in this case).

There is no option for: keep the K5 & just drive it like it is. I get really impatient & want everything done right now. I don't wheel the blazer hard, but I want it built so it doesn't break everytimr I take it on the trail.
*MJF* is offline   Reply With Quote