The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2009, 11:23 PM   #11
vectorit
What?

Re: Brothers gets my vote.......

Couldn't have said it better myself! I have spent a few thousand dollars at the Truck shop in Orange in the last year or so, since as you said - They have it in stock! I can look at it, and I can talk to someone there that has experience with it usually. Plus their store is like walking into some old shop, with plenty of cool stuff to look at while you wait for your # to be called out.

Brothers use to be a lot better than as of late, but for me it's typically a big let down. And it's not as if I am looking for something hard to find either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
Dudes- I live right down the street from Brothers. It has been hit and miss for me for years with them. They are primarily a mail order company...they NEVER have anything in stock when I go there. They are basically a middle man that takes your order, and has your part drop shipped from the vendor. There is no Q/C on their part at all. I had very good luck there with a rear bumper...but that was in stock and I made sure it was perfect before I rolled out the door with it. Their A/C center vent "upgrade" kit is a joke. Thin 2-piece molded plastic that is not even fully formed, allowing for air to leak freely. I stood at the counter, and looked it over in front of the sales dude. I said to him, "are you serious?" "This is a total piece of crap!" He agreed with me! Solution: Go to home depot and get 2 rubber pipe caps for $3.

I do not buy a whole lot from them. I choose to drive to the Truck Shop in Orange. They have everything in stock ALWAYS. For the most part their Q/C is far and above that of Brothers, and their prices are usually less.

2 weeks ago, I went to Brothers to get a set of metal clips for my upper moulding. They want $45 for it. I went to Truck Shop, and their kit is IDENTICAL for $28. Truck Shop also sells the clips individually, Brothers won't do this. Truck Shop also threw in a few extra in case one broke (which is common)

One good thing I can say about Brothers....they do have the best show on the West Coast for our trucks! I go every year and it is awesome!
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote